Pistachio is not only use in the preparation of delicious condiments, but also rich in beneficial properties.It is consumed in savory and sweet dishes.
Pistachio Properties And Benefits
- Pistachio is very rich in vitamins,minerals,and useful for regulating cholesterol levels in the blood.
- According to a 4-month research conducted in Spain, regularly consuming pistachios decreases the chances of developing type 2 diabetes in people with pre-diabetes conditions.
- Pistachios provide essential nutrients to the mother and baby, such as fiber, healthy fats, anti-inflammatory phytonutrients and antioxidants.
- High iron content helps prevent iron deficiency anemia
What does pistachio contain
Pistachio is a fruit with a high calorie content, in fact 100 grams contain 570 Kcal. As for the composition, 2% is made up of water, 21% of proteins, 45% of fats, 10% of fibers, 8% of sugars. As for minerals, pistachios contain calcium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, potassium, copper and manganese in particular. And the vitamins? The most abundant are B1, B6, vitamins A, C, K, E and folate. Finally, how to forget about antioxidants including beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin.
Pistachio nutritional values
Here are the nutritional values of 100 grams of pistachios:
- fat 45 g;
- cholesterol 0 mg;
- carbohydrates 28 g;
- saturated fatty acids 6 g;
- polyunsaturated fatty acids 14 g;
- monounsaturated fatty acids 24 g;
- dietary fiber 10 g;
- proteins 20 g;
- sugars 8 g;
- vitamin A 415 IU;
- Vitamin C 5.6 mg;
- Vitamin D 0 IU;
- Vitamin B6 1.7 mg;
- potassium 1,025 mg;
- sodium 1 mg;
- iron 3.9 mg;
- magnesium 121 mg;
- calcium 105 mg.
Use in the kitchen: 5 recipes with pistachio
Pistachio can be used in cooking both in the preparation of savory dishes and in cakes and pies because its flavor lends itself to flavor both types of dishes
The pistachio cream is a tasty and healthy. Pistachio chocolate can be purchased on the market at both moderate and higher prices, depending on the quality of the product.
The pistachio liqueur is a creamy digestive that can also be used to flavor desserts. It can be purchased ready-made or prepared at home.