Words composer. It is a game designed for preschool children to become familiar with the formation of the words used to designate the objects of the world around them, as well as to develop skills in the use of the mouse and the keyboard of the microcomputer , and the observe, compare and identify skills.
[ hide ]
- 1 General objective of the software
- 2 Technical requirements
- 3 working modes
- 4 Types of desktop
- 5 Possibilities it offers
- 6 Sources
General objective of the software
- Identify an imageon the screen and write its name by selecting the letters with the cursor or typing.
- IBM PC
- Pentium processor.
- 20 MB of free hard disk space
- 8 MB RAM.
- Windows 95or higher.
- Card SoundBlaster compatible.
- 2x CD-ROM
- VGA monitor(640 x 480, 256 colors).
- Installed multimedia.
The “Word Composer” has two working modes:
- Trainer mode: In this mode the image of an object is presented as well as the word that is commonly used to designate it. The child’s task in this case is to reproduce the word. The image does not change until I can form the word properly.
- Diagnostic mode: The image of an object that the child must identify is presented to form the word that is commonly used to designate it. The image changes after the evaluation request is made and regardless of whether the answer is correct or not.
In any of the work modes, a record of the mistakes made is kept, which the adult (parents or teachers) can consult to determine the type of mistake made.
In the options menu, choose the type of desktop to form the words. The types are:
- Composer mode: All the letters of the Spanish alphabet (including vowels with tilde) appear on a panel. The player forms the word letter by letter. To put a letter, you must place the mouse cursor over the desired letter and press the left button. Two special buttons are also included, one to delete the last selected letter and another to request the evaluation.
- Editor mode: The keyboard is used to form the words and the <Enter> key to request the evaluation.
In any of the work modes and regardless of the type of desktop, you can hear the name of the object by hovering the mouse cursor over any part of the image and pressing the left mouse button.
A button bar remains visible throughout the game, each of which is assigned a specific function. (change game options, see this help, connect or disconnect music, connect or disconnect sounds, play or exit the game)
Possibilities it offers
- The “Word Composer” also contributes to the development of the child’s basic vocabulary by including the pronunciation of the name of common objects, fruitsand animals grouped by topic and which can be easily selected from the options menu.
- It includes the possibility of listening to background music as well as various soundeffects if your computer has a sound card (Sound Blaster or compatible).