In this article you will find the most important renewable energy sources for environmental conservation and combating the environmental pollution caused by fossil fuels.
We invite you to know everything related to Wind Energy and its benefits for sustainable development.
What is eolic energy
It is that renewable energy source that is obtained from the force of the wind by means of wind turbines that transform the kinetic energy of the wind into mechanical energy.
Energy obtained from the wind for the use of electrical or mechanical energy.
Wind Energy Characteristics
- Energy that takes advantage of the force of the wind.
- It is used to generate electricity through wind turbines.
- It is the best alternative to the contamination of fossil fuels and other pollutants.
- Fight greenhouse gases.
- It is of natural or renewable source.
- It does not generate pollution, so it is a source of clean energy.
- It is economical.
- It largely depends on the weather conditions.
- It contributes to sustainable development and a better quality of life.
- It is environmental, ecological and sustainable.
Types of Wind Energy
There are mainly two types of wind energy:
Earth Wind Energy; where the wind turbines are on the ground surface and the Marine Wind Energy; Windmills are located inside the sea.
Similarly, there are two types of wind turbines or machines such as the horizontal axis of the wind and vertical axis machines of the wind.
How Wind Energy Works
This energy is produced with the energy that comes from the sun and becomes wind; where it is through wind machines or aeromotors it is transformed into mechanical energy and for the generation of electrical energy.
Wind energy through a mechanical system moves a propeller; spins an alternator which generates electrical energy.
Wind turbines or wind turbines, by means of oblique blades attached to a common axis transforms wind energy into mechanical energy.
Uses of Wind Energy
Undoubtedly, this type of energy was used in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries through artisanal windmills for grain milling, water pumping, sailing ships, irrigation, cooling, heating and other uses.
Currently, its main use is in the generation of electricity to supply a large part of the world’s population.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Wind Energy
- It is a renewable, inexhaustible and green energy source.
- It is a source of clean energy for not generating emissions, waste and for not requiring combustion.
- Its installation is fast and highly competitive.
- It helps to combat environmental problems such as environmental pollution, greenhouse gases, burning fossil fuels, global warming and climate change.
- Land use.
- It is of great generation of employment.
- Its production cost is profitable.
- It contributes to environmental conservation, sustainable development and a better quality of life.
- Depend on other conventional sources to function.
- Problems with planning.
- Requires a normal wind limit.
- Technical problems in its production.
- Sonic pollution of wind turbines.
- Voltage gaps
- The environmental impact of wind farms.
Wind Energy Examples
- Wind turbines
- Pumping mills
Finally, wind energy transforms kinetic energy into mechanics for the production of electrical energy.
This energy apart from being natural and economic, is sustainable with the environment . At the same time, it can occur both on the land surface and in the water surface.
Its main uses are for water pumping, grain grinding and electricity generation.
Wind power; renewable energy source that allows building sustainable development and achieving a better quality of life.