What Type Of Doctor Is Most In Demand

What Type Of Doctor Is Most In Demand. There are several options for medical specialties. Have you already chosen the one you want to specialize in? We have separated the ten most sought after specialties. According to the study, the number of specialist professionals continues to grow in the country. Of the more than 545,000 active physicians, 62.5% have one or more titles. On the other hand, 37.5% have no specialization.

This data only reinforces the importance of specializing to achieve better job opportunities. And, consequently, higher salaries and prestige in the medical community.

What Type Of Doctor Is Most In Demand.

According to the Medical Demography in Brazil 2023 , eight medical specialties represent more than half (55.6%) of the total number of specialist records. Are they:

  • Medical Clinic (56,979 physicians),
  • Pediatrics (48,654),
  • General Surgery (41,547),
  • Gynecology and Obstetrics (37,327),
  • Anesthesiology (29,358),
  • Orthopedics and Traumatology (20,972),
  • Occupational Medicine (20,804) and
  • Cardiology (20,324).

It is important to point out that two of them, Internal Medicine
and General Surgery, are prerequisites for studying other specialties.

Another point that draws attention in the study is that five other specialties, including ophthalmology and psychiatry, represent over 14.4% of specialists.

Thus, 13 of the 55 specialties gather close to 70% of existing records.

Ranking of the most desired specialties;What Type Of Doctor Is Most In Demand

  1. Medical clinic
  2. Pediatrics
  3. General surgery
  4. Gynecology and Obstetrics
  5. anesthesiology
  6. Orthopedics and Traumatology
  7. occupational medicine
  8. Cardiology
  9. Ophthalmology
  10. Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
  11. Psychiatry,
  12. Dermatology
  13. Family and Community Medicine

It is necessary to understand that the focus of this list was to show the most sought after specialties. That is, that there were more professionals studying in the year of the most recent study. The competition of each one of them will be directly related to the number of vacancies offered by the programs.

Learn about four of the most sought-after medical specialties

  • Medical clinic : this specialist has a broader knowledge about the human body. It is able to treat various ailments. that do not require exclusive follow-up. It is possible to work in the public service, own practice, private clinics, emergency services and also with hospital medicine.
  • Pediatrics : focused on monitoring the growth and development of newborns, children and adolescents. It is possible to work in emergency services, offices, intensive care centers or hospital wards as a physician on duty.
  • General surgery : this professional is responsible for pre- and post-operative activities and surgeries (in advance or urgently). The general surgeon can perform outpatient care, emergency shifts and elective surgeries. In addition to being an assistant to more experienced surgeons or a referee in emergency/trauma hospitals.
  • Gynecology and obstetrics : are two specialties. Gynecology is the specialization that studies the female genital system. Obstetrics is the science that studies human reproduction – pregnancy, childbirth and puerperium. This professional can be present at all levels of care. Outpatient, hospital, clinical, surgical and laboratory.
by Abdullah Sam
I’m a teacher, researcher and writer. I write about study subjects to improve the learning of college and university students. I write top Quality study notes Mostly, Tech, Games, Education, And Solutions/Tips and Tricks. I am a person who helps students to acquire knowledge, competence or virtue.

Leave a Comment