The silodosin is used in treatment of the i hypertrophy benign prostatic hyperplasia .
What is Silodosin?
Silodosin helps to relax the muscles of the prostate and bladder , therefore it helps to facilitate the flow of urine and reduce the symptoms of benign prostatic hypertrophy.
How is Silodosin taken?
Silodosin should be taken in the form of capsules, which are administered orally , generally with meals.
Side effects of Silodosin
It seems that in some cases Silodosin can cause prolonged and painful erections.
The possible side effects of silodosin include:
- problems in the sexual sphere
A doctor should be contacted without hesitation in case the intake of the drug gives rise to:
- breathing difficulties or swallowing
- severe or persistent dizziness
- feeling of tightness in the chest
- swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue
- dark urine
- prolonged and painful erection
Warnings on the use of Silodosin
The drug can impair driving skills or operate dangerous machinery , especially when taken with alcohol or some other drugs. In addition, it can cause dizziness and fainting when getting up quickly, an effect that can be accentuated by alcohol, heat, physical activity and fever.
Silodosin should never be taken in case of severe kidney or liver problems and if you are being treated with another alpha blocker, Ketoconazole, Telithromycin, Boceprevir, Clarithromycin, Cobicistat, Cyclosporine, Itraconazole, Nefazodone, Posaconazole, Ritonavir or Telaprev. .
Before starting silodosin therapy, it is advisable to notify your doctor:
- of any allergies to the active substance, its excipients or any other drug or food;
- of the other medicines, herbal medicines and supplements you are taking, in particular alpha blockers, phosphodiesterase inhibitors, Nefazodone, Probenecid, high blood pressure drugs, azole antifungals, Clarithromycin, Cobicistat, Cyclosporine, Diltiazem, Erythromycin, protease inhibitors, Telithromycin, valproic acid or Verapamil;
- if you have suffered or still suffer from kidney or liver problems, prostate cancer or pressure problems in the past ;
- if eye surgery is to be performed ;
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding .
Your doctor, surgeon or dentist should be immediately informed of taking Silodosin.