What is Levocetirizine?
The Levocetirizine works by blocking the activity of histamine, a substance that causes the symptoms of allergies .
What is Levocetirizine used for?
Levocetirizine is used to minimize symptoms : runny nose, sneezing and redness, itchy and watery eyes caused by hay fever from seasonal allergies and allergies to allergens such as dust mites, dandruff from animals and mold.
It can also be administered to treat the symptoms of urticaria , itching and rash included.
How is Levocetirizine taken?
Levocetirizine is usually administered orally in the form of tablets to be taken once a day in the evening.
Known side effects of Levocetirizine
Possible side effects of Levocetirizine also include:
- throat pain
- dry mouth
- nose bleed
It is essential to notify a doctor immediately in the presence of:
- swelling of the arms, hands, feet, ankles or calves
Contraindications and warnings on the use of Levocetirizine
Levocetirizine may affect the ability to drive or operate dangerous machinery . In addition, alcohol can increase the sleepiness caused by the medicine.
Before taking Levocetirizine it is best to warn the doctor:
- of allergies to the active substance, to cetirizine or any other medicinal product;
- of the drugs, phytotherapy and supplements taken, I remember specifically to mention antidepressants, anxiolytics, psychotropic drugs, anticonvulsants, Ritonavir, Sedatives, sleeping medicines, Theophylline and tranquilizers;
- if you suffer (or have suffered) from kidney diseases ;
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding .