t is used to reduce the risk of stroke and thrombi formation in patients with atrial fibrillation and to prevent the onset of thrombi-clots in subjects who have already undergone hip or knee replacement operations.
What is Apibaxan?
It is a direct inhibitor of coagulation factor Xa , which works by blocking blood clotting.
How is Apibaxan taken?
It is administered in the form of tablets .
Side effects of Apibaxan
The risk of even serious bleeding increases.
It is good to go to a doctor immediately in case of:
- skin rash ;
- urticaria ;
- itching ;
- difficulty breathing;
- feeling of heaviness, tightness or chest pain;
- swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue;
- wheezing ;
- blood in stool or sputum ;
- dark stools;
- swelling, pain or new wound loss;
- pink, red or brown urine;
- joint pain, heat or stiffness;
- anemia ;
- brain bleeding symptoms;
- low pressure;
- unmotivated swelling;
- bleeding (including abnormal menstrual bleeding) or bruising;
- vomit that looks like coffee;
- jaundice ;
Warnings on the use of Apibaxan
It is contraindicated in the case of certain types of bleeding , severe liver problems and in the presence of artificial heart valves. Also, it should not be taken together with phenytoin, carbamazepine rifampicin or hypericum.
Before taking it, it is important to tell your doctor :
- allergies to the active substance, its excipients or other drugs or foods;
- the use of other medicines, herbal medicines and supplements already taken in the past, in particular: Abciximab, Alteplase, other anticoagulants, protease inhibitors, Telithromycin, Carbamazepine , Enzalutamide, Idantoine, Fenobarbital, Rifamycin, Aspirin, Bivalirudin, Dabigatran, Desirudina , Eptifibatide, Fans, platelet inhibitors, SSRIs, SNRIs, Tirofiban, Azole Anifungins, Clarithromycin, Cobicistat, Erythromycin, Mifepristone, Nefazodone and Hypericum;
- if you suffer (or have suffered in the past) from bleeding disorders, platelet problems, gastrointestinal ulcers, strokes , clotting problems, high blood pressure, anemia or other blood diseases, liver or kidney disease or heart infections;
- in case of increased risk of bleeding;
- in the event of scheduled surgery and dental procedures;
- in the case of pregnant or breastfeeding women .
Treatment should never be stopped without a medical indication.
It is important to communicate to doctors, surgeons and dentists about taking Apibaxan.