The Apple company made available to its users a storage system called iCloud which has gained great popularity over the years. However, some users who have devices from this company still do not know what this system consists of. This post will explain what the iCloud account is and how it works, and what its advantages and disadvantages are.
What is and How Does the iCloud Account Work and What are its Advantages and Disadvantages?
What is and how does the iCloud account work?
iCloud is a cloud storage and synchronization system ; and it was launched by Apple on October 12, 2011 with the purpose of providing its users with greater storage capacity .
This cloud allows to store documents, music, photos, videos and is compatible with all the devices of the Apple company; it can even be used in Windows, but some functions will be limited.
With this system you will no longer have to worry about storage space, since the cloud provides large storage capacity. In addition, it allows you to make a backup copy of your iPhone that will help you protect your files safely.
How the iCloud account works:
To enjoy the benefits offered by this fantastic storage cloud, you must have an Apple ID or account. If you do not remember your password you should not worry, it is very easy to reset your Apple ID password ; and if you don’t have one, it’s very easy to create it:
- Go to www.iCloud.com.
- Click create an Apple ID .
- Fill out the form with the corresponding data and click continue.
- You will receive an email with a code, enter it in the box and click Verify.
- Press the Accept button to accept the terms and conditions.
- After you have created your Apple ID you will be able to use all the functions that this cloud offers you.
This is how iCloud works:
- If you store a document in your cloud, you can modify them from the cloud whenever you want, you just have to have an internet connection; so when you make a modification you will immediately see the changes on all devices. You can also create files within the cloud with Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.
- To share a document you must go to the menu option within the cloud> click on the iCloud Drive> search and open the document you want to share> in the toolbar press the share button> send by email> follow the steps to perform the Shipping.
- When you download music or capture a photo from your cell phone or PC, these files will be automatically saved in the cloud (the same will happen with the other contents); You will not have to follow any procedure to perform the storage or synchronization between the cloud and the files, this process will be carried out by the system automatically.
- iCloud is responsible for synchronizing all the files stored in the cloud with all the Apple devices that you have connected to the same ID, so you can enjoy the same information on all your devices. You can even sync your Safari bookmarks across all your devices.
Advantages and Disadvantages of using iCloud:
iCloud is a system that has advantages and disadvantages, so we will show you some of them:
- Easy to use system.
- You can sync iCloud on more than one device , it just needs to be configured with the same ID.
- It allows you to make backup copies to protect your files.
- If you make any changes (calendar, document or deleting a file) this setting will be reflected immediately on all your devices.
- It has a location service to locate your mobile devices (iPhone or iPad).
- It has the option to share files.
- Provides 5GB of storage .
- By using the cloud you save storage space on your mobile device or PC.
- It has a system that allows Apple Music subscriptions to be shared with 5 family members.
- If your mobile or PC is damaged, your files will be safe in the cloud and you will not run the risk of losing any information.
- Some iCloud features can only be used with Apple applications ; for example, to use the music library you must use Apple Music.
- You must be connected to the internet to use the cloud.
- Many users consider it to be an insecure program and it does not have privacy. If you have photos that you don’t want to compromise, you can prevent them from being uploaded to iCloud automatically .
- Large files transfer very slow .
If you have not used iCloud yet, we encourage you to use this platform to store your files.