If you want to sell or give away your iPhone device, it is recommended that you remove or delete the iCloud account that you had registered in it. iCloud is responsible for making a copy of all the files and information that your iPhone device contains in the background.
This is why it is advisable to remove or delete the iCloud account from an iPhone device before selling or giving it away. In this article we will show you how to do it.
- What is iCloud?
- How to remove iCloud account on iPhone before selling it
- Transfer the information to the new device
- Delete your personal information
- Remove the device from your trusted list
- How to Remove iCloud Account on Lost or Stolen iPhone
- Change your password or ID
- Remove the device from your trusted list
- How to delete iCloud account if I don’t remember the password
- Reset your password
- Using an iPhone or iPad
- From Mac
- Use a phone, email or recovery key
- How to delete my iCloud account if I don’t have access to my devices
- With the Apple Support App
- Using the Find My iPhone App
- With the security questions
- Reset your password
What is iCloud?
iCloud is basically a storage system that is based on backing up and saving the content that you have on your Apple devices, so that you can access them at any time through your iPhone, Mac, iPad or iPod Touch at the same time or by separated.
This storage system works by hosting all the files, documents and information that you contain on your Apple devices, in a cloud through the internet . The iCloud platform was launched for Apple devices in 2011.
Currently it is one of the reasons why many of the users prefer to use the Apple operating system . iCloud offers you functions such as making backup copies in the cloud and accessing your iCloud account through different Apple devices.
You can also use iCloud services to locate your Apple device in case of theft or loss, and of course one of the most outstanding characteristics is that it does not use storage space in the memory of your device .
iCloud takes up even the smallest information you have on your Apple device and stores it on the internet. Even if all your content is uploaded to the internet, it will only be visible to the user who owns the account.
This Apple storage system has a total of 5 GB free for each user. It is a 100% secure system despite being anchored to the internet. In order to enjoy the services that iCloud offers to the Apple user community, it is necessary to create an Apple ID .
How to remove iCloud account on iPhone before selling it
To remove your iCloud account, you must follow the following steps:
Transfer the information to the new device
When you turn on the new device, the option to restore an iCloud backup will automatically appear , here you must place the data of your iCloud account, that is, the same data of your Apple ID.
Check that the backup you are going to restore is correct, you can verify this by looking at the date of said backup . Then the device will start restoring all the content of the backup you have selected.
Once the backup restoration process is finished, follow the steps indicated by the system to successfully complete the content restoration.
During this process, it is recommended to keep the device connected to a WiFi network and make sure that it has enough load so as not to interrupt the backup restoration process.
Delete your personal information
- If you have an external device linked to the iPhone, unlink it from the mobile.
- Verify that there is a backup of the device.
- Sign out of iCloud, iTunes Store, and App Store.
- Now, if you use iOS 10.3 or later, press “Settings”, then press “Close Session” located at the bottom of the screen.
- Then enter your Apple ID passwordand select “Deactivate.”
- In case you use iOS 10.2 or earlier, click on “Settings”, “Cloud” “Close Session”. Again click on “Close Session” and click on “Remove from my Device” and enter your Apple ID and password.
- After doing the above, go to “Settings” “iTunes and App Store”, click on Apple ID and click “Sign Out”.
- You must return to “Settings” press “General” and then “Reset”, then click on “Delete Content and Settings”.
- If you activated “Find my Device” you must enter your Apple ID and “Password”. If the mobile uses eSIM, choose the option to delete the device and the eSIM profile when asked.
- If it asks for the Device code or the restriction code, you must enter it and then press “Delete”.
Remove the device from your trusted list
- To be able to remove a device from the trusted list,you must enter your Apple ID account page where you will find different options, depending on the means you use to access them.
- If it’s via iOS, go to “Settings” and select a Device from the List. If you enter through MacOS Catalina or later, you must select the “Apple” Menu; then “System Preferences”, then select “Apple ID” and then you must select a device from the sidebarthat will be displayed.
- As for MacOS Mojave or earlier, go to the “Apple” Menu; then to “System Preferences” where you must select iCloud and then click on “Account Information”, you must locate the “Devices” tab and choose one from the list.
- Finally, if you are going to do it through the web, you must go to your Apple ID account page, log in and then access the “Devices” section.
Selecting a device allows you to view its information, such as the model, and below that you can select “Remove from Account” in the Devices list, which will allow you to remove it from the Trusted Devices list; giving you security.
All of the above, because it will be impossible to show through that deleted device, verification codes or access codes to iCloud and other Apple services on that device; as it will be locked, unless you log in again with two-factor authentication.
How to Remove iCloud Account on Lost or Stolen iPhone
In case your iPhone has been lost or stolen, there are several ways to delete your iCloud account from that device. Here we will show you how to do it:
Change your password or ID
To change your password, the first thing you need to do is log into your Apple ID account , using another trusted device.
If it is an iPhone, go to “Settings” select “Password” and “Security” and then click on “Change Password” to later write a new password.
If it is through a Mac, go to the “Apple” Menu, then click on “System Preferences” and then click on “Apple ID”. Then click on “Password and Security” and then on “Change Password”.
If you use MacOS Mojave or earlier, go to the “Apple” Menu then click on “System Preferences” and then click “iCloud”, selecting “Account Information”. In case it asks you to enter the password, click on “Forgot your Apple ID or Password?” and follow the instructions.
Click on “Security” and then on “Reset Password.” Before you can reset your Apple ID password, you must enter the one you use to unlock your Mac.
Now, if you do not have access to a trusted device, you can access it through any other device, as long as you can request that a verification code be sent to you through a phone number that you have affiliated with as trusted, in addition to yours.
On the login screen, you must click on “Do not receive a Code” and choose the option to “Send a Code” to the trusted phone number.
Remove the device from your trusted list
After you have managed to reset the password and log into your Apple ID account, using a trusted device or a new one, you must follow the steps mentioned above in this article to proceed to remove the stolen or lost device from your list. trustworthy.
How to delete iCloud account if I don’t remember the password
It is important that you know exactly what happens when you finally decide to delete your iCloud account. All the content of your purchases, photos, videos and stored documents will be permanently deleted. You will lose access to any application or account associated with your iCloud, any appointment or event you have will be deleted and will not be available to you.
Now, you might ask yourself, is it possible to delete the iCloud account if I don’t remember the password? The answer is Yes, but for this you will need the team to give you a completely new one.
If this is what you want, we invite you to follow the steps that we will mention below:
Reset your password
To delete your iCloud account obviously you must enter your Apple ID account, but how to do it if you do not remember your password?
As previously mentioned, to reset or change your password you must enter through a trusted device; In case you cannot do it through a trusted device, you must request that a verification code be sent to the telephone number of your trusted list and follow the steps indicated in the previous lines.
After resetting your password, you will be ready to delete your iCloud account from any device, as we will explain below:
Using an iPhone or iPad
As we explained, deleting your iCloud account is not a decision that is taken lightly and if it is already taken, we advise creating backups on devices, such as downloading your files from your iPhone, iPad or Apple computer; download your photos and videos in emails, calendar events, contacts …
You should take the time to delete the devices associated with your Apple ID, which will make it much easier for you to sign in with a new Apple ID . You must follow the following steps:
- You must Sign in to your iCloud account. (In case you don’t remember the password, follow the steps mentioned above).
- Scroll down to the “Devices” section.
- Make click on the image of the device; there, a pop-up window will be displayed with the details of each Trusted Device.
- At the bottom of the pop-up window, you need to click on the words, “Remove from account.”
- Next, you need to repeat the process for each device on your account page, until all are removed.
- After you have removed all affiliated devices, you must go to “Manage Account”
- Scroll down to the bar that says “Data and Privacy” and there you must click on “Manage your Privacy”.
- Once there, go to the lower area of the page and press the option to “Delete your account.”
- It will ask you to select the reason for the request.
- Apple will ask you to verify the information about the deletion of your account and once you do, check the box to confirm that you agree.
- The Company will ask you for contact information to send you updates on your account status. You must provide an email address not associated with the account you are deleting.
- The company will provide you with a service code that you can use to see how your request is progressing. Apple will permanently delete the account within 7 daysof your request. During this period, your Apple ID account will remain active.
You must go to the Apple ID service and contact the support department directly to present your case. The steps to follow are those:
- A bre web browser you preferto use and go to the address bar. In it, you must write the following URL: https://appleid.apple.com/ . Once you do, you will access the initial page of the Apple ID system.
- Subsequently, you must enter the emailof the account linked to your profile ID and the access password. Click on the button to advance.
- You must then enter the answer to two security questionsthat you established at the time, or confirm your identity according to another method that you established when you registered. This way you will be inside your user profile.
- Within the panel that was displayed, go down until you see the option “provisional support PIN” you must click on it. In the next pop-up window, press the “Generate PIN” buttonand write down the code that appears on the screen.
- Using your phone, call 900 812 703 to contact the support team. When they ask for the PIN code, dictate the one you just wrote down and then state your case and request the cancellation of your account, in this way the process of deleting the account from the computer has already concluded.
Use a phone, email or recovery key
As we mentioned before, if you want to recover or restore your password to Apple ID and in this way access your iCloud account, remember very well when registering for the first time; Register one or more trusted devices because they are capable of receiving four-digit verification codes using SMS or the Find My iPhone feature.
So if you ever forget your password or want to reset it, these serve as support for the arrival of the new verification and access codes .
Remember that the identity is verified exclusively using the password, the verification codes sent to your trusted devices or a phone number that supports the use of SMS and the recovery key, be clear that when you create a new password, the password Previous recovery will stop working.
In the same way, you have the option to do it through email, just open the web browser and enter the following URL: https://appleid.apple.com/ , look for the option “Have you forgotten your Apple ID? or the password? ” and click on it, now type the Apple ID in the field that appears on the screen and click “Continue”.
Once pressed continue, you must check the option “I want to reset the password” and then “Continue”; You have two options, you can choose to send an email to your email or answer some security questions. We choose the first option and press “Continue”.
Now go to the mailbox of the indicated mail and open the message from Apple. Inside, you will see the phrase “Reset now.” Press it, you must write the new password following the instructions that appear on the screen and, when you finish, click on “Reset”.
How to delete my iCloud account if I don’t have access to my devices
To do so, you must necessarily enter from the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch of a friend or family member. You can do it in the following way:
With the Apple Support App
- To reset your password, the first thing you have to do is download the Apple Support app.
- Once the application is downloaded, go to “Themes” and select “Password and Security”.
- Click on “Reset Apple ID Password.”
- Click on “Start” and then on “Another Apple ID.”
- Enter the Apple IDwhose password you need to restore.
- Select “Next” and follow the steps on the screen until you receive confirmation that your Apple ID password has indeed been changed.
- Lego password reset follow the steps above to delete your account.
Using the Find My iPhone App
In case it is impossible for you to download the Apple Support application, and the device of your family member or friend uses an ios 9 and ios 12 version, you must use the “Find my iPhone” app.
- First, open the “Find My iPhone” application.
- Click on “Forgot your Apple ID or password?” and then follow the steps that will appear on the screen.
With the security questions
In case you have followed the steps indicated above and still cannot reset your password, you must do the following:
- Go to your “Apple ID” account pageand click on “Forgot your Apple ID or password?”
- Next, enter your Apple ID.
- Click on the option to reset your password, then click “Continue.”
- Then, you can choose how to reset your password, being able to select the option to proceed to answer the security questions in case you have an account with security questions configured, and finally you will have to follow the rest of the stepsthat appear there.