With the increasing growth of information leaks, you need to be aware of the protection of your data. To help you, check out our list of the best free antivirus available on the market.Protecting the computer against harmful agents has become an arduous task, especially when we take into account the amount of information leaked through hacker invasions .
Users’ privacy has been compromised, and protecting devices against these cyber threats is essential.
In order to prevent the entry of viruses, spyware, malware or even to scan them, if they are already installed, it is necessary to use effective antivirus to address the problem.
Many paid software available on the market offer this system protection, however, the value of a subscription is not always accessible to all users.
Therefore, we have listed below the best free antivirus programs available for download , namely:
AVG Antivirus Free
Ideal for users who prefer a quieter antivirus, AVG has the function of monitoring suspicious invasions in real time, in addition to scanning external devices such as hard drives and pen-drivers.
The program also has versions for phones and tablets.
- System optimization mechanisms;
- Blocking suspicious links and actions;
- Search and filter possible threats from incoming emails and spam.
Avast Nitro Free Antivirus
Despite presenting the same mechanisms present in most antivirus products on the market, the NITRO version stands out for its functionality of the cloud function, making its use lighter for the user.
In addition, another novelty is the CyberCapture tool that allows to recognize in real time any indication of threat or possible invasion.
The Avast is also ranked as the best antivirus for gamers , while protecting the system against threats trojan type.
- Protection of user activities through VPN protection;
- Management of passwords and home and business networks;
- Optimization mechanism through the cloud.
Bitdefender Free Antivirus
Considered to be one of the fastest antivirus products on the market, Bitdefender operates on autopilot with effective scans to combat potential intruders.
Its main differential is the “anti-pishing protection”, which is nothing more than the theft of personal and banking data (pishing). Although the paid version offers numerous features, the free option does well to protect user data and information.
- Automatically scans the system for threats;
- Encrypts files of different formats using the Secure File tool;
- Anti-pishing protection.
Avira Antivirus Free
With a wide range of protection against Trojan-type viruses, Avira Antivirus has a clean and easy-to-use interface, in addition to not compromising the system’s operational performance during use.
Its differential in relation to other software is the number of shares available, either in the paid version or in the free version.
- “Safe search” tool;
- Anti-pishing protection;
- Avira Privacy Pal to protect confidential information;
- Password and data management;
- Protection against ransomware code attacks (theft of user data through encrypted codes).
With effective protection against invasions by spam, malicious websites and even by email, Kaspesky is a great option for those who have equipment with little space and limited RAM.
With a simple and lightweight interface, the Russian antivirus also offers the maintenance of already infected files as a differential, through the “quarantine” function.
- Maintenance of quarantined files;
- Anti-pishing and ransomware protection;
- Constant scanning of data, files, inspection and blocking of malicious websites, scanning in the mailbox and spam.
Available for users of the Windows operating system and recently for Mac users, the antivirus released by Microsoft promises to defend the operating system quickly and effectively.
Its main function is to monitor the device preventing malware, spyware, trojans and adware from changing the settings, both of the browser and of the entire operational set.
- Constant scanning of the operating system;
- Blocking harmful agents to the system such as malware, spyware, trojans and adware;
- Monitoring and blocking suspicious websites.