Also called sodium hydrogen carbonate, it is used in various areas due to its multiple use in different areas ranging from cleaning the house to personal health and hygiene.It is a white salt, very fine, odorless, non-flammable and soluble in small quantities and, as we know, lends itself to many uses.
It is among the food additives codified by the European Union with the symbol E 500.In nature it is rarely present as a mineral, generally in the form of efflorescence and incrustations.
Its properties and benefits Sodium Bicarbonate
Here are some cases where you can use:
- Sanitize:It has excellent sanitizing properties and it is very useful in a safe way food, appliances, utensils and linen, there are many uses for home hygiene. A little useful tip: when washing fruits and vegetables, it is a good idea to add a teaspoon of baking soda to the water so that it is perfectly sanitized.
- It helps difficult digestion and eliminates stomach acid: therefore we recommend taking a teaspoon of baking soda and pouring it into a glass of water, adding the juice of half a lemon.
- Relieves itching: it gives natural relief to the itch caused by insects such as mosquitoes. Apply a water and bicarbonate pack on the puncture massaging the area.
- Anti-flu: seasonal ailments cause difficult breathing and redness of the mucous membranes of the nose and mouth. They can be attenuated by fumigations with bicarbonate, which help the respiratory tract congestion.
- It helps sleep: it can help regain regular sleep. A warm bath with the addition of baking soda before sleeping. This will help eliminate fatigue and stress.
- Teeth whitening: the effect is given by the slightly abrasive properties which is useful for removing plaque and any stains from the teeth. To get a good result put a pinch of baking soda with a drop of water and then immerse the toothbrush in this solution and then brush your teeth. This treatment will have to be done once in a while not to affect the natural enamel of the teeth.
Side effects and contraindications
Sodium bicarbonate, despite being a natural product, is not free from contraindications if it is used badly or excessively.
Furthermore, it is not recommended to take hypertensive, to those who must follow a low sodium diet, in case of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Sodium Bicarbonate Possible side effects:
- He retched
- blood in the urine
- stomach ache
- lack of appetite
- water retention
Because pH is important
The pH in the blood in our body is very important and it is absolutely necessary to keep it under control so as not to create serious problems for our body.But you may wonder … How come in a bicarbonate article we talk about pH?Soon made bicarbonate is an important element and also plays a role in maintaining the pH in our blood in the right values! Now we’ll see how.Not everyone knows that the blood pH cannot undergo too abrupt oscillations and that, to stay healthy, the acid-base regulation should keep it at values between 7.35 and 7.45.The pH balance is guaranteed by various physiological regulation systems, active above all in the respiratory, blood and urinary levels