Twelve and a half years have passed since Shadow of the Colossus was launched in Japan , an adventure that today is remembered like few others. After a remastering on PlayStation 3 that allowed us to enjoy this adventure with improved graphics (in addition to, finally, a stable framerate ), the story of Wander comes to PlayStation 4 with a completely remade visual section that updates it to look like it deserves in 2018.
From Vandal we wanted to travel to this story again and to accompany you all through it we have made the following complete guide with all the tricks and tips you will need.
Try 7 DAYS FREE Disney +
All Marvel, Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Indiana Jones and The Simpsons in one click. Try 7 days free Disney + and # stayteen watching their contents without spending a euro.
TRY DISNEY + FOR FREE
What’s New in Shadow of the Colossus Remake PS4
The core of Shadow of the Colossus remains intact. There are not many changes, but there are some. We discuss them:
- Difficulty modes:From the beginning we can access three difficulty modes : easy, normal and difficult (the latter being only available in the original version after completing the game). These vary in the number of weak points in which we have to hurt the colossus , as well as in the damage they do to us. It will be necessary to complete the game in all three modes to unlock the images in the gallery. That is, completing the game on hard will not unlock the images that require completing it on easy.
- Control schemes:Now we can select between three control schemes : one the same as the original, a “modern” and an intermediate one.
- Hidden Coins:A new collectible has been added in this version. They are a kind of coins hidden by the stage, which have an aura around them and sound through the DualShock 4’s speaker when picking them up.
Shadow of the Colossus features two graphics modes on PS4 Pro . The first of them, called “cinematic”, allows us to play at a higher resolution (in Sony’s words, dynamic 4K) and at 30 images per second, while the mode called “performance” allows us to play at 1080p and 60 images per second. Both modes can be switched at any time through the pause menu.
New Easter Eggs have been added to the game (in addition to the old ones) that we will collect in this guide so you know how to get or see them.
- Easter Egg from The Last Guardian :We tell you how to find the Easter Egg in homage to The Last Guardian, the later work of Team Ico.
- Agro and animal tricks :these are all the tricks and tricks we can do with our horse, and the possibilities of interacting with more animals.
- Unlockables :all the unlockables included in the PS4 remake of the Team ICO classic.
- Secret garden and forbidden fruit :we tell you how to reach this area on top of the initial temple.
- All temples :where to find the 25 temples reminiscent of the old Memory Card.
Throughout the game a number of hidden coins have been added , a new type of collectible. In total there are 79 gold coins and if we collect them all we will be allowed to access a new room with a new sword for Wander, the sword of Dormin. Here we tell you all the details about it.
Defeat all the colossi
Of course, we tell you in our guide how you must defeat each of the impressive 16 colossi of the game. They are the central pillar of the experience and each one of them involves a different effort. We will review from their locations to their ways to scale them, their weak points and more.
All fruit trees
Another of the collectibles of the game will be the different fruits that we can collect from the fruit trees , distributed throughout the map of Fumito Ueda’s work. If we get hold of them we will increase Wander’s life bar , which will be vital to face the most difficult challenges of the adventure.
Last but not least, we will find a lot of lizards throughout the Forbidden Lands . Those that interest us are especially those with bright or white tails , because if we hunt them down we will make Wander increase his resistance bar . And as you can imagine, this is essential in order to more skillfully scale all the colossi.