Salman Abu-time geographical / LaSalle Business Times Forum / LaSalle Hotel by geographical / Salman Abu-time Espanyol ( Salbutamol ) or Albuquerque objective million ( Albuterol ) or medications that people generally known. trade name Twain’s Lynn ( Ventolin ), Wayne objective weekdays resources ( Venterol Syrup.) Is a bronchodilator that stimulates the adrenergic receptor in the smooth muscle area of the bronchi. Causing the bronchi to expand without affecting the heart muscle It is used to relieve the symptoms of asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and other conditions with bronchospasm / narrowing. These drugs are usually administered by inhalation or as a spray. But there are also tablets, capsules, syrups, and injections as well. The inhaled drug works within 15 minutes and lasts for 2-6 hours , .
The World Health Organization has designated Salbutamol as an essential drug in the basic public health system. The Thai Food and Drug Administration has included this drug in the national list of major drugs. And is classified in the category of dangerous drugs Because this drug has precautions Contraindications for use And side effects that may occur after drug use Therefore, for the safety of using salbutamol, it should only be used under the guidance of a doctor.
Yasalbutamol(Generic name) with trade names such as Aerotamol 100 (Aerotamol 100), Antolin syrup (Antolin syrup), Antomol (Antomol), Antomol syrup (Antomol syrup) , Asmasal, Asmasal syrup (Asmasal syrup), Asmatol (Asmatol), Asmol (Asmol), Asmol syrup (Asmol syrup), Astalee. NCFC-Free (Asthalin CFC-Free), Astamol (Asthamol), Asma tab (Asthma tab), Asmolin (Asthmolin), Asmolin syrup (Asthmolin syrup), Bennotine tablet, Bocoma tablets, Bronchodil tablets, Broncholin syrup syrup), Bronchosol, Bronchosol syrup, Bura-as, Butamol tablet, Butamol tablet, Butamol tablet ( Buto-Asma), Buventol Easyhaler (Buventol Easyhaler), Cintamol, Syntamol syrup (Cintamol syrup), Durasol-CR 4 mg ( Durasal-CR 4 mg.),Durasal-CR 8 mg (Durasal-CR 8 mg.), Ecopan (Excopan), Fabu (Fabu), Hawktamol, N-Tolin ( N-tolin), Natolin syrup, Naso tablets, Rotamol, Saborin, Sabumol, Sabumol. Sabute, Salbu, Salbulin syrup, Salbusian tablets, Salbusian syrup, Sal Salbutac, Salbutant, Salbutant syrup, Salbutamol GPO (Salbutamol GPO), Salbutamol Inha. Laation CFC-Free (Salbutamol Inhalation CFC-Free), Salbutamol Medicpharma, Salbutamol Osoth, Salbutamol Osoth Salbutamol Utopian, Salda syrup, Saldol, Salmaplon 2 (Salmaplon 2), Salmaplon 4 (Salmaplon 4), Salmodon. (Salmodon),Salmol Atlantic, Salmol syrup (Salmol Syrup), Satalin, Salvent, Salvent 2 mg syrup. , Solia, Starvent (Starvent), Tanalin (Tanalin), Vasmol syrup (Vasmol syrup), Venbumed (Venbumed), Venbumol, Venbumol. Tablets (Venline tablets), Ventered (Venmed), Ventamed (Ventamed), Venterol (Venterol), Venterol syrup, Ventral tab. 2 mg tablets (Venterol tablets 2 mg.), Ventolin, Ventolin syrup (Ventolin syrup), Ventomol (Violin), Violin syrup (Violin syrup), Walmax 4 mg. (Volmax 4 mg.), Walmax 8 mg. (Volmax 8 mg.), Wantin (Vontin), Salbuneblue (Zalbu Nebule), Zalbu-2 ( Zebu-2), Zebu-4 (Zebu-4), etc.Salvent 2 mg syrup (Salvent 2 mg syrup), Solia, Starvent, Tanalin, Vasmol syrup, Vasmol syrup ( Venbumed), Venbumol, Venline tablets, Venmed, Ventamed, Venterol, Venterol. Venterol syrup, Ventolin tablets 2 mg (Venterol tablets 2 mg.), Venterol tablets (Ventolin), Ventolin syrup (Ventolin syrup), Ventomol (Ventomol). , Violin (Violin), Violin syrup (Violin syrup), Wal Max 4 mg. (Volmax 4 mg.), Wal Max 8 mg. (Volmax 8 mg.), Wantin (Vontin), Salbu. Nebul (Zalbu Nebule), Zebu-2 (Zebu-2), Zebu-4 (Zebu-4), etc.Salvent 2 mg syrup (Salvent 2 mg syrup), Solia, Starvent, Tanalin, Vasmol syrup, Vasmol syrup ( Venbumed), Venbumol, Venline tablets, Venmed, Ventamed, Venterol, Venterol. Venterol syrup, Ventolin tablets 2 mg (Venterol tablets 2 mg.), Venterol tablets (Ventolin), Ventolin syrup (Ventolin syrup), Ventomol (Ventomol). , Violin (Violin), Violin syrup (Violin syrup), Wal Max 4 mg. (Volmax 4 mg.), Wal Max 8 mg. (Volmax 8 mg.), Wantin (Vontin), Salbu. Nebul (Zalbu Nebule), Zebu-2 (Zebu-2), Zebu-4 (Zebu-4), etc.Ventamed (Ventamed), Venterol (Venterol), Venterol syrup (Venterol syrup), Venterol tablet 2 mg (Venterol tablets 2 mg.), Venlo Tin (Ventolin), Ventolin syrup (Ventolin syrup), Ventomol (Violin), Violin syrup (Violin syrup), Walmax 4 mg (Volmax 4 mg.), Wa L-Max 8 mg (Volmax 8 mg.), Wantin (Vontin), Zalbu Nebule (Zalbu Nebule), Zebu-2 (Zebu-2), Zebu-4 (Zebu-4), etc.Ventamed (Ventamed), Venterol (Venterol), Venterol syrup (Venterol syrup), Venterol tablet 2 mg (Venterol tablets 2 mg.), Venlo Tin (Ventolin), Ventolin syrup (Ventolin syrup), Ventomol (Violin), Violin syrup (Violin syrup), Walmax 4 mg (Volmax 4 mg.), Wa L-Max 8 mg (Volmax 8 mg.), Wantin (Vontin), Zalbu Nebule (Zalbu Nebule), Zebu-2 (Zebu-2), Zebu-4 (Zebu-4), etc.
Salbutamol dosage form
- Tablets of 2 or 4 mg and 8 mg, which are long-acting types.
- Syrup , 2 mg / teaspoon (5 ml)
- Breathe Inhaler (Inhaler) 0.1 mg / unit (puff).
- Inhaler Type Bulls Snape (Nebules; Is a nebulizer to enhance the bioavailability of the drug), 2.5 mg.
- An injection dose of 0.5 mg / ml.
IMAGE SOURCE: www.mims.com
IMAGE SOURCE: www.mims.com
IMAGE SOURCE: www.ipahealthcare.org, www.medicine-online.org, www.greaterpharma.com
Properties of Yasalbutamol
- This drug is a bronchodilator. It is used to help prevent and treat wheezing due to wheezing, dyspnea, chest tightness caused by bronchospasm / narrowing and obstructed airways such as asthma, COPD ( COPD), which includes Chronic bronchitis and Emphysema, Acute bronchitis with bronchospasm. And bronchospasm due to exercise , 
- Used to prevent bronchospasm. (Bronchospasm) due to exercise , 
- This drug may be used to help treat hyperkalemia. (Hyperkalemia). 
- This medication may also be used to treat another medical condition or condition, if in doubt ask your doctor or pharmacist .
Mechanism of action of salbutamol
Salbutamol has a mechanism of action by which the drug activates receptors at the cellular level of the bronchial wall called beta-2 receptor (beta-2 receptor), causing the bronchi to relax and become active. Treatment according to the aforementioned properties
After taking the drug and when this drug enters the bloodstream. The drug is sent to change the chemical structure of the liver. It takes 1-6 hours for the body to remove half of the drug from the bloodstream through urine.
Before using salbutamol tablets,
When prescribing all drugs including salbutamol Here are some things to tell your doctor or pharmacist:
- A history of allergy to salbutamol or any of the ingredients in this drug, and a history of allergy to any other drugs, including allergic reactions such as increased nausea, rash or tightness, trouble breathing / trouble breathing, etc.
- Various medical conditions and prescription or self-administered drugs Including dietary supplements, vitamins, and various herbal drugs that are currently or are currently being used. Because salbutamol may aggravate those symptoms Or drug interactions with other drugs and / or other dietary supplements (In some cases, drugs that interact with the drug cannot be used together. But in some cases it may be necessary to use those two drugs together. Although there may be interactions between drugs that can occur In which case the doctor will adjust the dose Or increase caution in allowing patients to take the drug more appropriately) such as
- Combining salbutamol with heart medications such as digoxin may decrease the concentration of digoxin in the bloodstream, leading to an effect on treatment. Therefore, these drugs should be avoided together.
- Use of salbutamol in combination with corticosteroid drugs (Corticosteroid) Diuretics may cause hyperkalemia. If not needed, the combined use of salbutamol should be avoided.
- Combination of salbutamol and yako-trimoxazole (Co-trimoxazole) may increase the absorption of co-trimoxazole. And the risk that patients will have side effects increased from the original If there is a need to use together The doctor may adjust the dosage of the drug as appropriate.
- Having or have had any underlying medical conditions, such as heart disease, irregular heartbeat High blood pressure, diabetes, lung disease, low blood potassium. Hyperthyroidism, epilepsy and phiochromocytoma (Pheochromocytoma), a tumor of the adrenal gland.
- If it’s a lady Should report that there is a pregnancy Or are planning a pregnancy Or are breastfeeding This is because many drugs can pass through the placenta or milk and enter the baby, potentially causing adverse effects on the baby.
Contraindications / precautions for use of salbutamol
- Do not use this medication on people with a history of allergic reaction to salbutamol.
- Do not use this drug on patients with heart disease. Patients in hemorrhage And people with urinary tract infections
- Do not use drugs that have expired or are worn out.
- This drug is not recommended for use in children younger than 2 years .
- The use of this drug in the elderly It is best to start at a low dose, 2 mg each , .
- Caution should be exercised in patients with ischemic heart disease. Irregular heartbeat Disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, patients with arrhythmia. Patients with hyperthyroidism Patients with hypothyroidism and epilepsy.
- Be careful when using this drug by pregnant women. (Classified as C, use only if necessary)
- Be careful when using this drug by a nursing woman. Because this drug can be excreted in the mother’s milk. But the exact quantity is not yet known. Therefore, Salbutamol is used by a nursing woman under the supervision of a doctor. (However, as the report also found that the effect on infants who received nebulized inhalation  ).
How to use Salbutamol
- Oral drug for adults: 2-4 mg orally (may be increased to 8 mg per time) 3-4 times a day. In children aged 1 month to 2 years, the drug is given at a time of 0.1 mg / kg body weight, 3-4 times a day in children aged 2-6 years. 1-2 mg (1⁄2 – 1 teaspoon) 3-4 times a day in children over 6 years to 12 years: 2 mg (1 teaspoon) 3-4 times a day and in children aged Over 12 years, 2-4 mg (1-2 teaspoons) of the drug is given 3-4 times a day, and in older people, the initial dose is 2 mg 3-4 times a day , [3. )
- Breathe Inhaler (Inhaler) in adults for the inhalation 1-2 (100-200 mcg) every 4-6 hours or when symptoms  in children of all age and older. The dosage of this form of medication is at the doctor’s discretion .
- Nebulized aerosol type (Nebules) in adults and children aged 18 months to take in about 2.5-5 mg and spray may be repeated up to four times per day at the rate of 1-2 mg / hour. For children under 18 months, the dosage form is at the doctor’s discretion .
- Injections in adults for the injection of 0.25 mg (0.5 mL) of the children in the injection time of 0.01 mg / kg body weight of 1 kg (up to 0.25 mg) by subcutaneous injection. If the first injection doesn’t work, repeat one or two every 20 minutes  (injections are often used in severe cases  ).
- For use to prevent bronchospasm (Bronchospasm): In adults, use an inhaler twice (180 or 216 mcg), for children over 4 years of age, use a 2 inhaler (216 mcg) inhaler (HFA), and in children 12 years old. For years and older, use an inhaler (non-HFA) twice a time (180 mcg), with both children and adults inhaling approximately 15 minutes prior to exercise. 
Instructions for use of salbutamol tablets
- This drug is taken orally. They should be taken 1 hour before meals or 2 hours after meals and do not crush or chew tablets. (Especially long-acting tablets), but if you take the drug and cause stomach discomfort. This medicine may be taken with food or milk to reduce these symptoms.
- For syrup Shake the bottle before taking the medicine. And should use the included measuring spoon, especially for measuring oral medication
- Generally, this medication is taken as a tablet, syrup, and an inhaler. It is taken orally or nebulized three to four times a day (long-acting tablets). Typically 1-2 times a day), or use this medication exactly as directed on the label or as directed by your doctor. Do not use larger or more frequent doses of the drug than indicated. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist .
- Oral drugs and inhalers can cause palpitations, but these symptoms will go away on their own. After using the drug for about 1 week consecutively 
- Although the inhaler has few side effects. But should only be used when inhaling symptoms And can be repeated when symptoms relapse But should not be more than 4 times a day and should not be used regularly. Because it can make the body resistant to the drug Increased sensitivity to stimuli, worsening symptoms and increased risk of death .
- This drug can be used in pregnant and lactating women. But for safety reasons, use or use in small quantities should be avoided without the supervision of a physician .
How do i store Salbutamol tablets?
- Keep this medication in the original container it came in, tightly closed, and kept out of the reach of children and pets.
- Oral tablets Salbutamol should be stored at room temperature. Keep the medicine out of sunlight. Do not expose to temperatures greater than 30 degrees Celsius, such as in a car near a window. (Some data suggest that oral medication should be kept in the temperature range of 20-25 ° C  ) and not stored in wet or damp areas such as in the bathroom .
- For inhalers or nebulizers And syrup The drug should be stored at a temperature between 2-25 ° C (do not freeze the drug).
- Discard any expired or worn medication.
When you forget to take Salbutamol
In general, when you forget to eat or spray salbutamol. Take the medicine or nebulizer as soon as you remember. But if it is close to taking the drug or spraying the drug in the next meal You can skip taking the next pill or nebulizer. Without increasing the dose twice or more than usual
Side effects of salbutamol
May cause palpitations, palpitations, rapid heartbeat, abnormal pulse, nervousness. Mild headache, dizziness, cramping, itchy rash, hives (drug allergy), and low blood pressure , , .
- Side effects if they occur and are ongoing or interfere with daily life. Should inform your doctor or pharmacist, such as agitation, difficulty sleeping, mild headache Nosebleeds, nausea 
- Serious side effects that patients should consult with a doctor or pharmacist immediately include chest pain and rapid heartbeat, increased difficulty in breathing. Wheezing due to wheezing with increased or persistent symptoms, fever, severe headache. Cramps or muscle weakness Numbness in the hands and feet Swelling of the face, eyes, lips, tongue, throat, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs, hoarseness, heartburn, increased blood pressure Symptoms such as dizziness, fainting, vomiting, an itchy rash, hives , .
- An overdose of this drug Will cause tremors, palpitations, rapid heartbeat And high blood pressure Brain stimulation occurs (Restless, insomnia), low blood potassium levels. (Muscle weakness Irregular heartbeat) and high blood sugar levels If such symptoms occur The patient must be brought to the hospital as soon as possible