Cetirizine ( Cetirizine ) or medicines that are commonly known in the trade name Seth’s Xin ( Cetrizin ), Somerset Tech ( CETTEC ), Pharma Tech ( Fatec ), Sir John ( Zertine ),. Cyril T ( Zyritine ), CS Tech ( Zyrtec ) bulk drug substance histamine (histamine) that does not cause drowsiness. (But some may cause drowsiness) with properties that help relieve allergic symptoms, itching and hives
Example of cetirizine
Cetirizine(Common name) with trade names such as Alerest, Aller-GO (Aller-GO), Allertec, Boots Cetirizine cetirizine), Xanthec syrup, Cantec, Celatag, Cetec, Cetihis, Cetihis syrup ( Cetihis syrup), Cetimax, Cetinac, Cetirex, Cetirizin Stada, Cetiter. , Cetizin, Cetnaz, Cetnaz, Cetrilan, Cetrimed, Cetrine, Cetrizet, Cetrizin, Cetrizin syrup, Cettec, Cettec syrup, Cettric, Cesa ( Ceza), Cintar, Cintec, Cistamine, Cyzine, Fatec, Fatec syrup, Florex, Hisrizine, Histec, Histica, Jv.zine,Mantab, Motizine, One-trex, Ormist, P-zine, P-tex, Rhitecin, Rhitecin syrup, Rizetec, Cetin, Cetin Setin syrup, Startec syrup, Sutac, Terzine, Tizine, Tizine syrup, Utech ( Uptec), Utizine, Unicet, Triz, Viratec, Viratec syrup, Zaridec syrup (Zaridec syrup), Zeafec, Zensil, Zermed, Zermed syrup, Zertine, Zertine syrup, Zertine syrup. (Zetecine), Zittec, Zylergic, Zymed, Zymed syrup, Zyra (Zyra), Zyrac, Zyral ), Zyrazine (Zyrazine), Zyrex (Zyrex),Zyrex syrup, Zyril (Zyril), Zyrin, Zyrcon, Zyritine, Zyrmed (Zyrmed), Zermex. (Zyrmex), Zyrtec (Zyrtec), Zyrtecno, Zyrrizin syrup (Zyrrizin syrup), Zyrrizin, Zytine, Zytine. Zytine syrup, Zytizine, Zytizine syrup, etc.
Cetirizine dosage forms
- Oral tablets, 5 and 10 mg / tablet
- Chewable tablets, 5-10 mg / tablet.
- Syrup , 1 mg / ml.
IMAGE SOURCE: www.mims.com
IMAGE SOURCE: oknation.nationtv.tv/blog/normalcode, pantip.com (by ningjojo)
IMAGE SOURCE: www.bloggang.com (by fornatcha)
IMAGE SOURCE: www.bangkoklab.co.th
IMAGE SOURCE: www.medicinep.com
Properties of drug cetirizine
- Helps relieve symptoms of allergic rhinitis / allergic rhinitis or hay fever caused by allergies to pollen, dust or other substances in the air, such as an itchy nose or itchy throat. A stuffy or stuffy nose, sneezing, clear, runny nose, red eyes, swelling and watery eyes , 
- It alleviates the rash and redness of the skin caused by urticaria (Urticaria), but does not prevent symptoms of rash, hives or other skin allergies , , .
- This medication may also be used to treat other diseases or conditions, and if in doubt you should consult your doctor or pharmacist .
Mechanism of action of cetirizine
When the drug cetirizine has entered the body. The drug is structurally changed to hydroxyzine. (Hydroxyzine), which is an antihistamine (Histamine), a type of substance, this substance will fight the histamine that provokes allergic reactions. It binds to a receptor called Selective Inhibition of Peripheral H1-receptor, thus mitigating the mechanism that causes allergy. 
After taking cetirizine The drug is absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract within one hour and lasts up to 21 hours (the drug can be absorbed very little through the brain. Therefore, people who take this drug rarely experience drowsiness), blood levels drop 50% within approximately 8.30 hours. Most of the drug is eliminated through urine. Some parts of the liver have been changed and excreted with feces .
Before using cetirizine,
When prescribing all drugs, including cetirizine Here are some things to tell your doctor or pharmacist:
- A history of allergy to cetirizine and a history of allergy to any other drug, including symptoms from drug allergies such as increased nausea, rash or tightness, trouble breathing / trouble breathing, etc.
- Various medical conditions and prescription or self-administered drugs Including dietary supplements, vitamins, and various herbal drugs that are currently or are currently being used. Because cetirizine may aggravate those symptoms Or drug interactions with other drugs and / or other pre-ingested supplements such as
- Cetirizine is taken in combination with any of the following drugs such as hypersensitivity drugs, sleeping pills, antidepressants, antidepressants, muscle relaxants, group Epilepsy drugs, painkillers that are harmful drugs, etc. can cause more drowsiness. If not necessary, the combined use of cetirizine with these drugs should be avoided .
- Taking cetirizine with alcoholic beverages It can result in inadequate consciousness and physical control .
- Have or have had liver or kidney disease
- If it’s a lady Should report that there is a pregnancy Or are planning a pregnancy Or are breastfeeding This is because many drugs can pass through the placenta or milk and enter the baby, potentially causing adverse effects on the baby.
Contraindications / precautions for use of cetirizine
- Do not use this drug on people with a history of allergic reaction to cetirizine.
- Do not use this medicine to treat a blister, hives that are blistering, bruising, unusual color, or a rash without itching. And you should tell your doctor if you have symptoms of this type of rash .
- Do not use this drug on newborns and nursing women. (Because this drug can be excreted in milk  )
- Do not use any expired or worn medication.
- Caution should be exercised in people with abnormal liver or kidney function. (The doctor may reduce the dose for the safety of the patient)
- Be careful when using the drug by pregnant women. (Because the safety of the use of this drug in pregnant people has not been reported. But from animal experiments This drug does not cause any side effects (4 )).
- Avoid taking this drug with allergy medications, sleeping pills, antidepressants, antidepressants, muscle relaxants, epilepsy drugs, painkillers that Is a group of harmful drugs And alcoholic beverages Because it will cause more drowsiness
- While using cetirizine Avoid driving or working with machinery. This is because the drug can slow down your thoughts and responses. And may cause drowsiness in some patients , 
How to use cetirizine
- For adults, take 5-10 mg of the drug once a day .
- In children aged 6 years and over, take 5-10 mg of the drug once a day  (some recommendations state that in children aged 6-11 years, take only 5 mg of the drug once a day. Children aged 12 years and over are given 5-10 mg dosing once a day  )
- For children aged 2-5 years, the dose is 2.5 mg (half a teaspoon) once a day and can be adjusted up to a maximum of 5 mg (1 teaspoon) once a day or divided into 2.5 mg twice a day is fine 
- In children aged 6 months to 2 years, the dose is 2.5 mg (half a teaspoon) once a day (for children aged 1 year and up, the dose may be adjusted. Maximum 5 mg per day, divided into 2 times a day, 2.5 mg each) 
- For patients with kidney failure Take only 2.5 mg of this drug once a day. 
Instructions for use of cetirizine tablets
- Cetirizine can be taken before or after food,  but should be taken at the same time every day. And it may take several days before symptoms improve .
- This medication is usually taken once a day, or use it strictly as directed on the label or as directed by your doctor. Do not use larger or more frequent doses of the drug than indicated. If in doubt, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- The dosage and duration of use should be at the discretion of the treating physician, depending on the patient’s age, symptoms and severity .
- If the rash has not improved within 3 days after starting the drug. Or, if the urticaria rash persists for more than 6 weeks, stop taking this drug and consult your doctor about the cause of the rash .
How do i store cetirizine?
- Keep this medication in the original container it came in, tightly closed, and kept out of the reach of children and pets.
- This drug should be stored at room temperature. Keep the medicine out of sunlight. Do not expose to temperatures greater than 30 degrees Celsius, such as in a car near a window. (However, some drug manufacturers recommend keeping the drug in the temperature range of 20-25 degrees Celsius) and not store the drug in a wet or damp area, such as in the bathroom.
- Do not store the syrup in the refrigerator freezer.
- Discard any expired or worn medication.
When you forget to take cetirizine
In general, when you forget to take a dose of cetirizine. Immediately take the medicine when remembering But if it is close to the next meal You can skip taking the next pill straight away. Without increasing the dose twice or more than usual
Cetirizine side effects
- Common side effects that can occur during medication (If it is continuous or interferes with daily life Should notify your doctor or pharmacist): drowsiness, lightheadedness, fatigue or extreme tiredness, nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, dry mouth, sore throat, cough, abdominal discomfort, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation , , .
- Serious side effects that can occur and patients should seek medical advice include dizziness, confusion, tachycardia, palpitations, weakness, hand tremors or insomnia, vision problems, urinating less than usual .
- Serious side effects that require immediate discontinuation and immediate medical attention include: a severe allergic reaction to a drug, rash, hives, difficulty breathing or swallowing, chest tightness, swelling of the face, eyelids, lips, tongue and throat .
- Side effects from taking this drug overdose As reported, only drowsiness was reported .