Sack (container). A bag, but generally larger and without handles. They are mainly made of canvas fabrics , resistant fabric, or leather , paper or different types of plastic . It is usually a tube of sturdy fabric with a flat stitching at both ends so that there are four tips left that can sometimes be used as handles.
[ hide ]
- 1 Definition of the Royal Academy
- 2 Utility
- 3 Manufacturing materials
- 4 Types of bags for packaging
- 1 Paper bag
- 2 Mesh bag
- 5 Other bags
- 1 Biology
- 2 Others
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Sources
Definition of the Royal Academy
- Generally large bag, made of fabric or other flexible material, elongated in shape and open at one end.
- Sleeping bag. Sleeping bag made with a fabric filled with feathers or another material that gives warmth and is used to sleep inside it, especially outdoors or in tents.
- The material contained in such a bag: there are four sacks of coal left.
- Organ in a living being that has the shape of a bag and that generally contains a fluid: the eye remains moist thanks to the lacrimal sac.
- Wide garment that does not fit the body.
- AMÉR. American jacket.
It is used to store and transport a wide variety of products, the agricultural sector representing its most important market: coffee , wheat , rice , corn , flour , potatoes , etc. Another application still in use today, is the post office. On the one hand it has a flat stitching and on the other it is tied in a knot and sealed with a label with the destination. That side also serves as a handle to transport it. Another of its utilities is the sack race is a game used in traditional games around the world.
The main materials of the fabric used are:
- Henequén , (in Cuba and other Central American countries )
Types of bags for packaging
The paper bag is a packaging made of high quality paper and grammage, generally kraft of virgin fiber, which is normally used for the transport of powdered matter, such as flour, cement , animal feed, etc. It usually consists of several layers to provide resistance, and a less resistant exterior where the instructions, trademark, etc. are printed. The capacity is variable, each country establishes a maximum mass regulation for reasons of job security.
A mesh bag is a mesh-shaped plastic packaging that is used to transport various items, the fruit and vegetable sector representing its most important market: potatoes, onions , garlic , oranges , lemons , etc. One of the main requirements for using mesh is that the products do not alter their properties by rubbing and hitting during handling and transport.
- Amniotic sac: it is the covering of two membranes that covers the embryo and that is formed between the eighth and ninth day of fertilization . The inner membrane called amnion contains the amniotic fluid and the fetus inside.
- Air sacs: they are organs that birds possess , which fill and empty with air with each inspiration and expiration. In them there is no gas exchange; This job, which involves retaining oxygen and expelling carbon dioxide , is done by the lungs .
- Scrotal sac: is a set of envelopes that cover and house the testicles and excretory routes outside the abdomen in male mammals. This area of the skin is shaped like a sac or bag, is covered with pubic hair and has particular characteristics that differentiate it from the one that covers the rest of the body.
- Fecal sac: it is a resistant and whitish mucous bag that encloses inside the droppings of certain nest chickens. Adult birds take the fecal bags and either leave them several meters from the nest or eat them, which maintains the hygiene of the nest avoiding infections in the clutch and also prevents the smell of feces in the vicinity to reveal the nest presence to predators. This behavior occurs mainly between passerines and minnows.
- Lacrimal sac: Connects the tear ducts, which drain tears from the surface of the eye, with the nasolacrimal duct that leads this fluid to the nasal cavity.
- The viscous sac: it is a product secreted by the clitellum of the annelids, where the eggs are placed.
- The yolk sac: it is a membranous annex attached to the embryo that provides it with nutrients and oxygen, it occurs in fish, sharks, reptiles, birds and primitive mammals, while eliminating metabolic debris. In the human embryo it functions as the circulatory system in the developmental stages, before the internal circulation begins.
- The vocal sac: is the flexible membrane of the skin that most male anurae possess. The purpose of the vocal sac is usually to act as an amplifier of your mating call. The presence or development of the vocal part of the sac is one way of determining the sex of a frog in many species.
- Sleeping bag, sleeping bag or sleeping bag is a protective bag designed for a person to sleep inside. Essentially, it is a blanket that can be closed with a zipper or similar means, and it functions as a bed in situations (for example, camping, climbing, hiking, etc.). A good sleeping bag should be compact, light and offer good thermal protection.
- The punching bag (mistakenly called the punching bag) is a must-have item in many contact sports (such as boxing) and martial arts workouts.
- The man in the bag (also called: old man in the bag, old man in the sack, the man in the bag, the old man in the bag) is a character in Hispanic children’s folklore. He is usually portrayed as a man who wanders the streets when it has already gotten dark in search of lost children to take them away in a big bag to an unknown place. This character is characterized as a child scarer, and is used as an argument to scare children and force them to return home at an early hour.