Marmande raf tomato is one of the varieties most valued for its tomato flavor and smell. In addition, in recent times it has become one of the most expensive tomato varieties and appreciated by the general public.
If you are interested in growing raf tomatoes, read on , if you are interested in other types of tomatoes, do not stop reading Grow Tomatoes. Easy and healthy!
Tomato Raf is a multilobular tomato, lying on the ground, with a green neck and slightly flattened shape. It is not an excessively large tomato, its weight ranges from 150-200 grams.
The tomato is semi-determined and is a variety very resistant to tomato fusarium disease.
Raf tomato (marmande) can be grown both outdoors and in the greenhouse.
The quality of the fruit is much better in cycles of Autumn-Winter-Spring crops with the result of a more scattered tomato, greener neck and better flavor. In the cultivation cycles of late winter-spring they bear fruit in Summer with the result of slightly less frightened tomatoes, little green collar, more red and with less flavor.
What are the requirements of the raf marmande tomato crop?
- Marmande raf tomato, like the rest of the tomatoes, is a crop of hot climates that requires high temperatures for its development, it does not withstand frost or cold. It also needs to be cultivated in a place where the sun all day long.
- I usually. They require fertile soils well worked and with perfect drainage.
- It is demanding in the subscriber, it needs good doses of earthworm humus to provide all the necessary nutrients to the plant.
- It is a crop with an important water need, frequent watering and quantity.
What is the planting time of marmande raf tomato?
Sowing can be done in two moments:
- Sowings of Autumn-Winter-Spring (sowings from the month of August)
- Sowings from January-February-March.
When is the time to collect marmande raf tomato?
The first marmande raf tomatoes can begin to be harvested from three months after their transplant .
Partners in the tomato garden marmande raf
It is important to associate the cultivation of marmande raf tomato with basil , garlic , onions , lettuce , radishes and carrots.
Never associate your crop with cucumbers and potatoes .
Pests and diseases that may affect the cultivation of raf tomatoes
The most common are pests of aphids , red spiders and whiteflies .
To prevent and combat these pests uses the combined action of organic insecticides such as potassium soap , the purin nettle and prepared neem.
The downy mildew disease caused by a type of fungus is the most common in cultivation. The Mildew appears in conditions of excess moisture. To treat the disease, horsetail is used .