Quiche: In gastronomy, a quiche is a type of salty tart derived from French cuisine. It is mainly made with a preparation of beaten eggs and thick fresh cream, mixed with cut vegetables, and / or meat products, with which a shortcrust pastry mold is filled and cooked in the oven.
The word quiche is derived from the word Küchen in the Lorraine dialect, spoken in the Lorraine region of northeast France. This term in turn derives from the German Kuchen (pastel).
The Quiche Lorraine (feminine in French) is native to the Lorraine region of France. It is known as the original recipe from which all other quiche variants come. The word first appears in Nancy, the capital of Lorraine, in 1605 at first, the filling was made up only of eggs and fresh cream or milk. In the 19th century, the small strips or tacos of lean, fresh or smoked bacon were added , which characterize the quiche lorraine of today.
Cheese is not an ingredient in the original quiche lorraine recipe, but is found along with strips of bacon, in its variant called quiche vosgienne , from the French Vosges region.
When sautéed onion is added to the quiche lorraine filling, it is called quiche alsacienne , typical of the Alsace region of France.
Today you can find quiches with the addition of countless fillings to serve as starters , main or desserts . Miniquiches, funny and small elaborations presented as appetizers are also frequent .
[ hide ]
- 1 The recipe
- 1 Ingredients
- 2 Preparation
- 2 See also
- 3 Sources
The miniquiches are usually presented as snacks
- 200 gr breeze dough
- 220 gr smoked bacon in strips
- 220 gr grated Gruyere cheese
- 300 ml cream 35% fat
- 4 eggs
- 125 gr goat cheese (optional)
- 1 pc nutmeg
- 1 pc ground black pepper
- ½ cc fine salt
- Put the shortcrust pastry or stretched shortcrust pastry in a pan, butter or use baking paper between the pastry and the pan.
- Bake in white about 15 minutes at 200ºc. fire up and down.
- While the dough is baking, in a bowl, put the 4 yolks and only two whites of the eggs and beat with the cream.
- While whisking, add the pepper, salt, nutmeg and the striped Gruyere cheese.
- Remove the dough from the oven and add half of the bacon in well distributed strips.
- Add half of the mixture to the bowl and then the rest of the bacon.
- Finish pouring the mixture from the bowl and place the sliced goat cheese on top.
- When it is golden brown, it is removed from the oven and if desired it can be unmold when it cools a little, if it is not served hot directly.