Plum jam . Delicious , healthy and smooth dessert that can be special for snacks or to end a dinner.
[ hide ]
- 1 Story
- 2 Properties of the plum
- 3 Ingredients
- 4 Elaboration
- 5 Sources
This jam has a long history in the culinary world . The Greeks were already making a kind of jam made from quince jelly cooked with honey . From there there are hundreds of variants of this delicious fruit- based preparation . The plum gives it a particular acid touch that is very pleasant on the palate. The properties of it invite you to eat it in different ways.
Thanks to its high fiber content , the plum helps the digestive system to function . It is considered a mild laxative that contributes to the work of the intestines. Plums also contain multiple vitamins , among them are the vitamin A , C , B1, B2, B3, E and K . Plant-based vitamin A is called beta-carotene. Beta-carotenes are essential for sight and the immune system; in addition, they prevent muscle degeneration. These fruits are also rich in flavonoids., antioxidant substances with multiple benefits for the body. Flavonoids tone the heart and help control levels of cholesterol in the blood and contribute to the functioning of the circulatory system. Plums are also a natural cleanser for the liver and kidneys . They are diuretics, which helps them regulate hypertension . Due to its iron content , they are recommended in cases of anemia .
- 1 and a half kilo of plums.
- 500ml of water .
- 800grams of sugar .
- 1branch of cinnamon .
- 2tablespoons of port or any red Rioja wine.
- Wash the plums, they must be clean, since the skinis not removed to prepare the jam.
- Cut each plum in half and remove the pit.
- Put a double-bottomed poton the fire, add the water , the plums , and the cinnamon . Cover until it begins to boil.
- Check that the plums are soft after about 20minutes, undo them with a woodenspoon and add the sugar to the pot. Continue cooking over medium heat without covering the pot.
- Leave on the fire for 15more minutes or until the plums melt, if there are large pieces, crush them with the wooden spoon.
- When obtaining the desired consistency, remove from the heat and remove the cinnamon stick. Add the two tablespoons of port and mix well.
- At the end the sweet touch is rectified, adding a little more sugarif necessary.
- Pack the plum jam in a jar or several, preferably glass.