The plastic is more present in our day to day than we think, not only are the bottles or containers of the food, it is also in the cigarettes, in the little glasses for the ears, even the icopor glasses have a plastic coated, This is known as “clamped plastics.”
The plastic is made with polymers of organic compounds, it is a synthetic material that can be easily molded, it also contains substances derived from petrochemicals.
The plastic affects the earth , water and air, its long degradation time causes multiple damages in the ecosystems, although recycling is a good option to reduce pollution in the earth by plastic, the truth is that it is no longer a sufficient measure, definitely both the consumption and the production of plastic should be reduced.
10 ephemeris of South America of the year 2019 (part 1)
Powered by VideooTV
In the case of water , it is known that there are at least 5 large islands of garbage, which by the movement of water continues to spread to coasts and seas. This plastic affects the marine species, in some cases the animals end up entangled with the plastics or, worse, consume them and can cause their death.
In matters of air , the production of plastic releases a lot of toxins in the environment, also when it is burned, so much so that plastic is one of the main pollutants of the environment.
Data You Should Know About the Use of Plastic
- A year, about 100 million tons of plastic are produced per year.
- 10% of the pollution in the world is due to plastic.
- About 40% of the plastic is produced to make plastic packaging.
- Every year, more than 500billion bags are manufactured worldwide.
- And in the United States alone they are estimated to use more than 100 billion plastic bags.
- The plastic takes at least 150 years to decompose.
- 13 million tons of plastic, disastrously end up in the ocean.
- A year, about 100 thousand species die each year from plastic.