Noodles. They are a type of dough ( pasta ) elongated, of small width and flattened shape that make up the set of paste asciutte (dry pasta) of Italian origin . Although those that are known throughout Europe and other places come directly from Italy , there is a controversy about their origin since in China noodles similar to noodles and spaghetti have been prepared for more than a millennium before in Italy.
[ hide ]
- 1 Story
- 2 Way to consume them
- 3 How are they made?
- 4 How are homemade noodles made?
- 1 Steps
- 5 How is Alfredo noodles prepared?
- 1 Ingredients
- 6 How to make chipped noodles?
- 1 Ingredients
- 7 Sources
Noodles are a type of long, flat and not very thick pasta that is served like the other types of long pasta . Chinese noodles are the most famous, they can be cooked in many different ways: Noodles with garlic prawns, Peruvian red noodles or green noodles , are some recipes.
The word “tallarín” or “tallarines” derives from the Italian word “taglierini” and this from the verb “tagliare” (to cut, to cut). In the Mediterranean, the oldest known direct precedent for dried pasta is the dough spread like a membrane and dried in the sun called by the Greeks “lagana”. The Greeks introduced lasagna (a word derived from the Greek lasanon) in what is now the Mezzogiorno and was formerly known as Magna Grecia . This membrane, later called “lasagna” in Italian (“lasagna” in Spanish ) underwent an evolution, so that it dries faster and stays longer . In the south of Italy it began to be “carved” in various ways, mainly in thin strips that hung from ropes and exposed to the wind and the sun . From there derive noodles as much as spaghetti (from Italian spago, cord) and other similar noodles. It seems then that the invention of this class of noodles occurred in parallel at two or more points on the planet (the same has happened with other inventions).
How to consume them
The initial way of consuming them was simply cooked al dente (this is in a way that they are ready, not too soft) and accompanied with butter ( butter ). It was not until the 18th century that tomato sauces began to be used . Particular mode of this type of noodle is the so-called tagliatelle similar to fettuccine. Tagliatelle are typical egg pasta from Bologna , as well as from the Marche and Emilia-Romagna regions . It has been said that they were created in 1487 by a master cook named Zefirano on the occasion of the betrothal ofLucrezia Borgia with Alfonso I d’Este (another version speaks of the marriage with Annibale Bentivoglio son of Giovanni II duke of Bologna), and that this Zefirano was inspired by the blonde hair of the famous princess. But this origin is a legend made in 1931 by the Bolognese cartoonist and humorist Augusto Majani .
How are they made?
Method of cooking wheat or egg noodles :
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil .
- Put a pinch of salt in the water.
- Put the noodles in the boiling water.
- Boil the noodles until tender.
- Test the noodles to see if they are ready.
- Remove the noodles from the heat and strain them.
How are homemade noodles made?
- In a bowl put the flour sifted with the salt .
- Make a hole and put the eggs and oil .
- Join and make a smooth dough and rest for a while.
- Then cut little by little and make a very fine dough in the mixer and if not by hand with a rolling pin.
How do you prepare Alfredo-style noodles?
- ½ kilo of noodles.
- 500 grams of ham in squares.
- 1 can of pure evaporated milk .
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese grated.
- 100 grams of margarines .
- Sal .
- Parsley to decorate.
How to make chipped noodles?
- 500 grams of thick noodles.
- 500 grams of meat beef into large cubes billet.
- 2 red [onion] s julienned.
- 3 julienned tomatoes .
- 3 heads of Chinese onion cut into julienne strips.
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- Soy sauce (sauce soy )
- Salt , pepper and cumin to taste.