Nettle, also known as urtigão, nettle or nettle, is a medicinal plant rich in vitamins and iron. It can be used to aid in the treatment of arthritis and rheumatism, because of its anti-inflammatory properties.The scientific name of the nettle is Urtica dioica and can be found in natural products stores.The proper parts for nettle consumption are the leaves, which are usually used to make teas, and the roots are usually found in capsule form.
What Is Nettle?
Nettle is rich in vitamins A, B1, B5, C, K folic acid, iron, calcium, potassium and copper and is therefore suitable for several situations, such as:
- Helps the treatment of rheumatism and arthritis;
- Stimulates appetite;
- Decreases the oiliness of the skin, preventing the appearance of acne;
- Helps in the treatment of intellectual and physical fatigue;
- Prevents hair loss and combats dandruff;
- Leaves your nails stronger;
- Aids in the treatment of inflammation of the urinary tract;
- It may help in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, but should be consumed in moderation;
- It promotes the release of sodium and urea in urine due to its diuretic property.
Thus, the properties of nettle include its anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, diuretic, analgesic and appetite-stimulating action.
Nettle tea is indicated to aid in the treatment of rheumatism, to avoid fatigue and to stimulate the appetite, having to be made with the dry leaves of the plant.
To make nettle tea, 4 grams of dried nettle leaves should be placed in a cup of boiling water for 10 minutes, strain and drink at least 3 times a day.
Contraindications And Possible Side Effects of Nettle
The consumption of nettle should be done according to the doctor’s or phytotherapist’s guidance, since excessive consumption of nettle can result in skin allergies, which cause a lot of itching and can be quite uncomfortable, and changes in the menstrual cycle in the case of women, and in the case of men.
In addition, the nettle should not be consumed if the person has edema caused by heart disease or has impaired kidney function, due to the action of this plant on the kidneys. In addition, it is not indicated for pregnant women, as it may induce premature labor or cause abortion,
Pineapple juice, nettle and mint
6 thin slices of pineapple
1 cup of nettle leaves
4 tablespoons of natural mint
500ml of ice water
2 teaspoons of light sugar.
How to prepare:
In the blender, put all the ingredients and beat well for 2 minutes. If you prefer, sift at the end. Decorate the juice with a branch of mint, to give a personal touch or hit with lots of ice to create a kind of frozen.
Lotion to heal hair with nettle
Alternatively, here is the third recipe with onions and vodka . You need half a cup of chopped onions and half a cup of dried nettle leaves.
- The first step is to put them in a hermetically sealed glass container. Then, pour vodka just enough to cover the onions and nettle, close the container and refrigerate for three days.
- After three days, pull the lotion out of the fridge and strain it.
- Before shampooing, pour over the hair and hold it for 15 minutes.