Morteruelo . Morteruelo is a kind of dense paté or sauce made with meat that is usually hunted in the field . Rabbits, free, quail, in addition to pork liver . Cooked meats come off the bone and mix with bread and the other ingredients. Morteruelo is one of the typical dishes of the province of Cuenca. It comes from the rural area of the mountains. It was prepared in the cold days of the mountain winter , mainly by the shepherds. For their conservation they kept it wrapped in snow . With the passage of time has passed from the kitchen popular at restaurant tables.
[ hide ]
- 1 Origin
- 2 Nutritional Information
- 3 Recipe
- 1 Ingredients
- 2 Utensils
- 3 Preparation
- 4 Source
It is a recipe created by shepherds and farmers to feed during the autumn – winter when the cold was pressing and they had to spend long hours in the open. Its origin is very old, there are references to this recipe as early as the 15th century , where it is called ‘Coch stew’. The ingredients provide the necessary calories to support the work. The name comes from the tool with which it was made to grind meats along with liver and bread .
Morteruelo is a striking plate in which foods include meat such as rabbit , the chicken or the liver of pig . This will make us find a preparation with a very high protein content. It should be borne in mind that this recipe has been used lard of pork , so the caloric value is going to be increased considerably. Therefore, it is not a suitable dish for those who are following weight control diets.
- A rabbitor field hare of about 500-600 gr
- 200 g of pork liver
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of various species ( sweet paprika, ground cloves , thyme , a pinch of cinnamon and black pepper )
- 200 of breadcrumbs
- A mixer, chopper
- In a saucepanput the clean rabbit next to the liver, washed and dried (you can also add partridge meat but with the rabbit it already has enough substance), add water like a liter. Boil the meat for two hours, (if it is in the express pot 45 minutes).
- In a saucepan put olive oil on the fire and add the paprika, then gradually pour the broth and the rest of the spices .
- When the stew comes to a boil add the breadgrated hard, stop cook about 3 minutes and three more rest.
- Then the rabbitmeat is divided into small pieces, like the liver . Crush the mincer and add it to the casserole with the rest of the ingredients. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.