The Manuka honey is a natural antibacterial due to the presence of methylglyoxal or methylglyoxal (MGO), allow to counteract viruses and bacteria effectively.it soothes sore throats, acts against colds and disinfects wounds.
Manuka honey: what it is and what it is used for
Manuka honey is produced in New Zealand and Australia from the nectar of the Leptospermum scoparium tree, an evergreen plant with an average height between 2 and 5 meters. It is a honey rich in properties but known above all for its ability to counteract the influence as it is powerful antibacterial.
Properties of Manuka honey
The properties of Manuka honey are numerous.Its antibacterial and disinfectant qualities have made it famous. It is in fact recommended to tackle flu, treat colds, sore throats and to heal wounds more quickly.
But its properties do not end here, Manuka honey helps in fact:
- strengthen teeth and health in general thanks to the presence of calcium, zinc and phosphorus;
- resolve intestinal problems such as ulcer, burning, colitis by balancing the digestive system;
- relieve allergic disorders thanks to antihistamine properties;
- promote sleep through the gradual release of glycogen;
- disinfect, illuminate and exfoliate the face so much so that experts recommend adding some to the liquid soap;
- stimulate tissue regeneration and remove dead ones;
- stimulate the immune system by giving energy to the body.
Manuka honey: here’s how to take it.
How do you take Manuka honey ? It can be used in different ways depending on the purpose for which it is intended.It can be applied directly on the skin in a thin layer.If you need to treat wounds, it must be applied with bandages, which will have to be replaced every 24 hours until complete recovery.
Manuka honey should be taken naturally in dosages according to need. In case of digestive problems, just 2 teaspoons a day before meals. To relieve throat problems, digestive disorders or stimulate the immune system, two teaspoons can be taken during the day. Honey can also be dissolved in an herbal tea, water or fruit juice.
Manuka 100, 250, 400 or 500+ honey: here’s how to choose the most suitable one
Manuka honey is sold with different concentrations of methylglyoxal, indicated with the words MGO 100, 250, 400 and 550+ . The greater the number, the greater the concentration and the quality of the honey. But how to choose the one that suits your needs? Here are some things to know:
- concentration 100 is recommended above all to prevent diseases, stimulate the immune system, give energy to the body;
- the concentration at 250 is useful in the case of gastroesophageal reflux and heartburn;
- the highest concentrations are useful in case of ulcers, candida and diarrhea.