There are many lemon health benefits. It contains many vitamins and minerals and can be used in many ways, such as juice, salad dressing, added to drinks, preserves, soups and desserts. Below we will understand details about the properties of the lemon and what it is used for.Lemon is a very versatile fruit, which can be used both as a seasoning in various meat or fish dishes, as well as in the preparation of desserts or juices rich in vitamin C.
Each 100 grams and lemon has only 26 calories, and its benefits can be obtained using its juice or peel zest, rich in essential oils. Lemon helps improve immunity, so it is a great ally to fight colds and flu, especially when used in preparation and tea with honey, for example. In addition, using lemon has other benefits that include:
It contains 5 percent citric acid, plenty of vitamin C, vitamin B1, B1, B3, B2, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, carbohydrate fat and protein. One of the major benefits of lemon is the elimination of diseases caused by bacteria, viruses, etc., and the overall immunity of the body.
Another great benefit is that it destroys cancer cells. In the morning eat warm water mixed with one cup of ripe lemon juice on an empty stomach, and then see what happens. And if honey is added, then it is magic. How many names of legumes are paper lemon, leaf lemon, orange lemon, Mosambi lemon, myrrh, betabi lemon and herbal lemon.
The nutrients that are contained in 4 grams lemon juice
Energy is 5 kilos
Carbohydrate is 0.12 grams
- 1.5 g of protein
- Cholesterol is 1 gram
- Total ash is 2.5 grams
- Foliate 1 micro gram
- Rule 1 micro gram
- Retinol-equivalent pantotic acid.5 micro grams
- Pyridoxine .3 micro grams
- Calcium 1 mg:
- Iron 0.5 mg
Lemon Nutritional Information
The best way to obtain all the benefits of the lemon is by using its juice or its pulp, and its grated peel, which where the essential oils of this fruit are concentrated, should also be used.
|Nutritional information||Amount per 100 g of lemon|
|Vitamin C||34.5 mg|
Because lemon is versatile, it also has other less common applications and can be used to remove fats from the sink, stove or countertops, also preventing the development of microorganisms due to its acidity.
100 Lemon Health Benefits
- Lemon contains 22 anti-cancer compounds. Which helps fight cancer and fight cancer.
- Combining lemon juice and hot water together in the morning, drinking in the morning keeps the intestines functioning and reduces excess body fat.
- Increases immunity.
- Eliminates heartburn.
- Lemon helps to destroy intestinal worms.
- Lemons contain electrolytes (such as potassium, magnesium, etc.). Lemon-water hydrates you, provides you with these essential ingredients in the body.
- Lemon contains flavonoids that prevent the virus in the body, it keeps the body fit. Improves the pH level of the body. The better the PH level, the better the body is able to fight the disease.
- Those who have been suffering from liver problems for a long time, they eat lemon. Mix lemon juice in warm or hot water and eat it half an hour in the morning before meals.
- Citric acid is in lemon. Which, in turn, improves your digestive system. It increases metabolism or digestion. After dinner, eat lemon. The foods will be easily digested and will act like medicines in the stomach.
- Helps to reduce weight fast. Lemon contains pectin-fiber that controls appetite.
- Prevents Scurvy Disease. Reduces toothache.
- Helps reduce body wrinkle.
- Works great on your nervous system. Lemon-water potassium can help relieve your depression and anxiety.
- Lemon uric acid is helpful in alleviating the problem.
- Those who have mild respiratory rules, they can eat one teaspoon of lemon juice before eating. For those suffering from mild asthma, lemon juice will serve as an alternative to medicine.
- Very good lemonade for pregnant women. It not only keeps the body healthy, but also benefits the unborn baby. Lemon Vitamin C and potassium help in the baby’s bones, brain and body cells.
- Helps to clear the stomach and relieve constipation.
- It plays a role in strengthening the blood vessels and veins in the body.
- Lemon Blood is helpful in controlling blood pressure.
Most of its Lemon Health Benefits are (rich in flavonoids).These flavonoids have antioxidant action that prevents the action of free radicals.
Check out what this fruit can do for you:
- Helps digestion. Lemon juice eliminates unwanted substances and toxins. Its composition is similar to that of saliva and digestive fluids. Helps the liver to produce bile, an essential acid for digestion. Lemons are also rich in minerals and vitamins that help to release toxins from the digestive tract. The digestive properties of lemon juice relieve symptoms of indigestion such as heartburn, belching and flatulence.
- Reduces the risk of esophageal cancer : Lemon, like all citrus fruits, contains significant physiological levels of flavones. Ingestion of flavones is associated with decreased risk of esophageal cancer.
- Improves mood and reduces anxiety : Lemon oil has anxiety attenuator (anxiolytic), a type of antidepressant through the modulation of neurotransmitters.
- Helps maintain weight : Polyphenols in lemon peel suppress diet-induced obesity, hyperglycemia and insulin resistance. Lemons are rich in pectin fiber that helps fight cravings for food.
- Strengthens the immune system : Lemons are rich in vitamin C which is great for warding off colds. They are rich in potassium, which stimulates the brain and nervous system, as well as regulating blood pressure. Ascorbic acid, present in lemons, has anti-inflammatory effects and is used in cases of asthma and other respiratory conditions, since it increases the absorption of iron by the body. Iron plays an important role in the immune system. Lemons also contain saponins with anti microbial properties that fight colds and flu.
- Balances blood pH levels : Lemons are one of the foods with the most alkaline properties. They are acidic in themselves, but when processed by the body they become alkaline. Lemons contain citric and ascorbic acids, both of which are easily metabolized allowing mineral components to improve the body’s alkaline levels. Drinking lemon with water regularly helps to remove acidity from the body, including uric acid in the joints, a major cause of pain and inflammation.
- Improves the appearance of the skin : Vitamin C and other antioxidants reduce wrinkles and blemishes and help fight free radical damage. Vitamin C is vital for skin luminosity while its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria that cause acne. It can even be applied directly on scars or on signs to improve the appearance. Since lemon juice removes toxins from the blood, it helps prevent stains, “from the inside out”.
- Freshens your breath: In addition to freshening your breath, lemon is known to relieve pain in teeth and gums. Note that citric acid can cause erosion in tooth enamel. Do not brush your teeth right after drinking lemon juice with water.
- Treats infected throat : The lemon is an excellent fruit that helps to fight problems related to throat infections, sore throat and tonsillitis, as it has an antibacterial property. For sore throat, dilute the juice of half a lemon with half of water and gargle frequently.
- Prevents premature aging : Like all citruses, lemon is known for its high content of vitamin C, but it also contains vitamin A and E. These antioxidants help prevent cell aging and neutralize free radicals.
- Carbohydrates and other nutrient deficiencies can occur when you are drawn to the diet for weight loss. In that case, lemon water can increase the amount of fatigue in the body.
- Excess lemon can cause gas problems. It can cause a variety of problems and discomfort, including abdominal cramps.
- Drinking more lemon syrup may cause some weakness.
- Drinking more lemon syrup, the body is constantly releasing toxic substances. This may require going to the bathroom more often than usual, which in some cases is quite uncomfortable.