IACuba 31. Variety of rice nominated in 2000 by the Grain Research Institute (IIGrano), through the Genetic Improvement Program. This variety was developed by the Territorial Station for Grain Research (ETIG) of Sur del Jíbaro in Sancti Spiritus of the Grain Research Institute . It was selected from line 4517 of the crossing of Perla de Cuba // ICA-10 / J-104 . and it is recommended for favored dry and dry conditions. It achieves an agricultural yield that exceeds 4.3 t / ha in the wet season and 7.7 t / ha in the dry season.
[ hide ]
- 1 General Characters
- 2 Behavior of the variety
- 3 Descriptive Characters of the Variety
- 1 In seedling state
- 2 At the time of flowering
- 4 Recommendations for its use
- 5 Internal links
- 6 External links
- 7 Source
The IACuba 31 variety is short cycle, of the semi-dwarf indica type reaching a height of 106 cm. depending on crop management. It has good initial vigor which allows it to compete efficiently with weeds in the early stages. It has shown a good response both in irrigated conditions and in dry land.
The grains of the IACuba 31 variety are crystalline (91.0%) and reach a weight of 1000 grains of 29.0 g. The yield in the mill is similar to the Perla de Cuba variety, with a percentage of whole grains greater than 56%. The dormancy period of this variety is 24 days.
Behavior of the variety
Rice field of the var. IACuba 31 with mechanized transplant technology
- Agricultural Yield (t / ha): in dry season: 8.7; while in the wet season: 4.3
- Cycle (days): Dry: 127 Wet: 112
- Acame resistance: Resistant
- Rope resistance Tagosodes orizicolus Muir: Resistant
- Resistance to the fungus Pyricularia grisea Sacc .: Moderately resistant
- Resistance to the mite Stenotarsonemus spinki Smiley: Moderately resistant
- Ahijamiento: Good
Rice plants of the var. IACuba 31 ripe ready to harvest
Descriptive Characters of the Variety
In seedling state
- Coleoptile Color: Light Green
- Mesocotyle Length (mm): 0
- Coleoptile Length (mm): 5.8
At the time of flowering
- Growth habit: semi erect
- Tillering Capacity: Good
- Number of dead leaves: 1
- Angle of the apex formed by the lemma and the palea at the spikelet: 11-40 °
- Predominant color of the apex formed by the lemma and the palea on the spikelet: Pale green
- Glume predominant pubescence: Keel pubescent
- Glume predominant color: Straw
- Length of the flag leaf blade: 44. 7.
- Width of the flag leaf foil: 1.49
- Leaf blade length: 46.3
- Leaf blade width: 1.6
- Booklet color: Cream
- Predominant form of ligule: cleft
- Ligule length (mm): 20.2
- Predominant atrium size: Large
- Seed Length (mm): 9.5
- Seed width (mm): 2.34
- Long seed width ratio: 4.05
- Seed thickness (mm): 1.88
- Number of non-grooved seeds in 1000 seeds: 1000
- Predominant panicle density: Semicompact
- Panicle predominant exercise: Moderately emerged
Recommendations for use
- Sowing season: In the dry season its greatest yield potential is reached in sowing from December 15 to January 31. It can be used until February 10 as it has moderate resistance to the Stenotarsonemus spinki Smiley mite. In the rainy season it is recommended to use it from June 15 to July 31.
- Crop ecosystem: Aniego and dry land favored
- Sowing density: In transplant: 25 kg of seed per hectare and in direct sowing; 120 kg of seed per hectare.
- Nitrogen fertilization: Dry season: 140 kg of nitrogen per hectare. Rainy season: 110 kg of nitrogen per hectare.
- Optimum harvest time: 35-40 days after 50% flowering: