How to Transfer Characters from Diablo 2 to Diablo 2: Resurrected.We present a simple tutorial with which you can transfer your characters from original Diablo 2 on PC to your Diablo 2: Resurrected game. Enjoy your creations in the remastering!The PC gamers who enjoyed their day in the Diablo 2 Original surely cast him hours to the title of Blizzard with colorful characters of all kinds.
How to Transfer Characters from Diablo 2 to Diablo 2: Resurrected (Step by Step)
Before starting this tutorial, there are two important things to note :
- For obvious reasons, only characters from Diablo 2 can be transferred to Diablo 2: Resurrected in the PC version ofthe video game (the original title was never released on consoles).
- On the other hand, this method that we will show you below is only valid for the characters that you have saved in the single player mode( singleplayer ). That is, you will not be able to transfer your characters online, only local ones.
Knowing this, we will teach you what to do to transfer saved characters.
Locate your saved character files
The first step we must do is locate the files that we have saved on our computer. We assume that you already have both Diablo 2 and Diablo 2: Resurrected installed on your PC, so now keep this in mind:
- By default:Diablo 2 save files can be found on your Local Drive (C :).
- Follow the following path:Users folder -> [your user folder] -> [saved games folder] -> [Diablo II].
- Once inside the Diablo 2 folder:you will see a bunch of different files.
- You must search among these files:the one with the same name as the character you want to transfer.
- For example:“Nombrepersonaje.d2s” (it is important to note that the file extension is .d2s, you don’t need the others)
Once you’ve located your character file, don’t lose sight of it . Now it’s time for the next step.
Convert file to 64bit compatible format
Okay, now we run into a little problem . If you copy your character file directly into the Diablo 2: Resurrected data folder, it won’t do any good . The character will appear in the selection menu, true, but when you load a game an error message will appear .
This is because the original Diablo 2 files are in 32-bit format , while the Diablo 2: Resurrected files are in 64-bit format . So there is a compatibility issue that we need to solve. It’s a technical programming issue, but luckily you don’t have to be a computer scientist to solve it.
- To convert the filesof your Diablo 2 characters to 64-bit format you can use this website .
- Open the web that we share with you and now drag the .d2s fileof your character to it.
- When you drop the file on the web, you will automatically be able to downloadthe file already converted to 64-bit format on your computer.
- If the download does not occur automatically, click on the blue link that says “Download D2R save”.
And voila, it couldn’t be easier . The website will have converted your Diablo 2 character file to the 64-bit compatible format.
Transfer your character to Diablo 2: Resurrected and play
That’s it, there’s nothing left. Now you just have to locate the file downloaded and converted to 64bits of your original Diablo 2 character. By default you should have it in the Downloads folder . Copy this file and paste it into the Diablo 2: Resurrected data folder (the default path should be similar to the original Diablo 2).
Once the file is pasted into the Diablo 2: Resurrected folder, you just have to run the game . If everything has gone well, you can select your beloved character and load a game with him. There should be no problem . Now you are ready to enjoy the remastered adventure with your old characters. To give it cane!