Instagram has a very used function called Stories or Stories. In them you can create original stories that give personality to the profile. If you have an account on this network and on its sister, Facebook, you can quickly share the stories you create in the first one on your Facebook account. If you have tried to share the stories on both social networks and you can’t, in this tutorial we will explain how to share Instagram stories on Facebook if I can’t .
Steps to share Instagram stories on Facebook
The first thing you have to do to share your stories on your Facebook profile is link your Instagram account with Facebook ; If both accounts are not linked, you will not be able to share stories or posts. These are the steps to follow to link both accounts.
- Open your Instagram app.
- Once inside your account, go to the lower right corner and press the icon of a human figure .
- You will immediately see your profile on the screen, then, go to the upper right corner and click on the three horizontal stripes .
- When a menu is displayed select “Settings” .
- In the new menu you must select the option «Account» .
- Now another menu will appear on the screen, find and select the option «Linked accounts» .
- In the new window you must select «Facebook» . A pop-up window will appear where you must enter your credentials and password to log into your Facebook account; After logging in, both accounts will be linked.
- Once both accounts are linked, you will be able to share any publication on Facebook.
If you have any problems, the official Instagram page can give you more help in this regard.
How to share Instagram stories on Facebook?
- Create a story on Instagram. Nowadays you can even upload stories to Instagram from your PC without programs .
- When you finish editing your Story, click on the “Send to” button in the lower right corner.
- A series of options will appear on the screen, click on «Sharing options» .
- You will see two options to share on Facebook, “Share on Facebook always” or “Share once”, select the option you want.
- Finally click on «Share» . Of course, first we recommend that you preview your Instagram story before publishing it to avoid any mistakes.
If you want to share some Instagram stories on Facebook, it is recommended that you select the option «Share once»; so every time you want to share a story you must follow the steps above.
But if you want all the stories you post on Instagram to be shared automatically on your Facebook profile, activate the “Share your story on Facebook” option.
Steps to activate the “share your story on Facebook” function
When you activate this function you will no longer have to worry about manually sharing all your stories; since Instagram will automatically take care of sharing all your stories on Facebook once they are published on your Instagram profile.
Remember that it is important to have your Facebook account linked on Instagram to activate this function. These are the steps you must follow to activate the automatic sharing function.
- Within your Instagram account go to your profile.
- Click on the three horizontal stripes located in the upper right corner.
- When a menu is displayed, select “Configuration” .
- In the new menu select “Privacy” .
- In the “Privacy” section, click on the “History” option .
- You will see a series of options on the screen, look for the “Shared content” section.
- In that section you will see the option “Share your story on Facebook” on the right side there is a gray switch; slide it to the right to activate the function. The switch will turn blue indicating that the option is active to automatically share all your stories.
- Sometimes Instagram will ask you to enter your Facebook account details.
When you share your Instagram Stories on Facebook, they will appear as a Facebook Story. You should also know that those stories when they appear on Facebook will be subject to the privacy settings you have in your Facebook account.
Follow the steps in this tutorial to share your Instagram stories easily and quickly on your Facebook account ; This will allow you to share all the content that you publish in your Stories on these two fabulous social networks. By the way, did you know that you can recover a deleted Instagram story on both Android and iOS ? Find out now how to do it.