The algorithm of the Instagram magnifying glass collects information about all your activity within this social network. The posts that we like , the reels that we save or share, even the posts that we mark as ‘I’m not interested’ – all of this fuels the algorithm for Instagram to provide us with content that matches our interests. This is a way to keep ourselves more entertained by showing us photos, videos and reels that we like.
However, by reacting in a particular way to certain content, its influence can completely alter the rest of the suggestions. That is why as a result we would get a lot of publications that are not to our liking. For this we have the option to reset this suggestion algorithm and leave it as if it were a new account.
- How can you update the contents of the magnifying glass in your account?
- What will happen to your Instagram account when you restart the ‘Explore’ section?
- How can you completely reset the suggestions that Instagram shows you?
- From PC
- With the Android app
- Using the iOS app
How can you update the contents of the magnifying glass in your account?
If it is the first time that you log into Instagram from a new device, then when entering the content of the magnifying glass, it will be updated automatically , that is, the most recent content that you have not previously viewed will be displayed.
On the other hand, if every time you enter the content of the magnifying glass from your account you always find the same content as always, it will only be enough to locate yourself in this section and slide your finger from the center of the screen downwards . Once you do this, the magnifying glass section will be updated and you will be able to enjoy new content of your interest.
It is important to note that this section cannot be updated in a row , so you must wait a few minutes to try to update again. If you still can’t get it to update, then you should wait longer to try again.
What will happen to your Instagram account when you restart the ‘Explore’ section?
Every action that takes place on Instagram feeds the algorithm that defines the content suggested by the platform. This means that if we restart our ‘Explore’ section, then the algorithm resets our past activity.
This reset makes the interests of our account look as if it were a new account. Therefore, Instagram does not have information that allows it to determine an appropriate content or of our interest for the ‘Explore’ section.
So, if Instagram does not know our interests, what does Instagram suggest to us in the content of the magnifying glass? Well, here a great variety of content will appear on different topics, mainly content that is in trends.
Your first activity on Instagram after this ‘suggestion reset’ is key to the Instagram algorithm. Any like, comment or bookmark that we make will begin to feed our interests again within the platform so that its algorithm again determines a set of content that is to our liking.
How can you completely reset the suggestions that Instagram shows you?
If you do not like the content that Instagram suggests, it is necessary to reset the data of this algorithm . For this, the procedure can be carried out in a different way according to the device where you use your account.
Resetting Instagram suggestions from the PC is much easier than doing it from other devices, now you just have to do the following:
- Open your Instagram account from the browser .
- Click on the Instagram search bar.
- At the top you will find the option to ‘Delete all’, you must press it to proceed.
Once this is done, your searches will be deleted and your suggestions reset. You do not need to log out for the changes to take effect.
With the Android app
To completely reset Instagram suggestions from the Android application, you must first complete each of the following steps:
- Log into your Instagram account .
- Go to your profile, then press the three horizontal lines at the top right of the screen.
- Next, press the configuration option.
- Now click on Security and then on Search History.
- Finally, click on Clear search history.
Once this is done, it is necessary to clear the cache of our application . The steps you must follow to do this are the following:
- We open the Settings of our device.
- Then we click on the applications option.
- We locate the Instagram application among the options and click on it.
- Now we press where Memory indicates.
- Finally, we select the Clear cache option.
Using the iOS app
Like the previous procedure, we will start by opening the Instagram application and logging into our account, then we will complete these steps:
- In our profile section, weclick on the three stripes in the upper left corner.
- Now we go to the configuration of our account and then to the security option.
- Here we click on the Search History option and then press the Clear search history button.
Our next step to reset Instagram suggestions will be to delete the Instagram application and reinstall it on our device. This is due to the absence of the option to clear the cache for it.
When you log in again, you will notice that the Explore section is reset and you will have to re-feed the algorithm with your interests to personalize these suggestions.