Currently, mobile devices have a large storage capacity so that an Android device user can have all the information they want in their files. However, for some reason, either because you have too much information on your phone and it becomes heavy or because you want to sell your mobile device, you need to do a restoration. Stay until the end and discover how to reset an Android mobile .
In this post, we will explain the steps you must follow in a detailed and simple way on how to reset and restore factory settings on your Android device in different ways. From the use of the configuration buttons, the recovery mode, the hard reset to the factory reset, but this time from the PC. You must take all the steps to get what you want with your device.
Index of contents
How to reset an Android mobile and return to factory settings?
What you need to remember before performing this type of formatting on your Android is to make a backup so that you can keep all the documents, photos, videos that you want to keep. Once you run this, if you can proceed, discard and delete all kinds of documents from your mobile device.
Now that we come to the most important part of this guide, where we will give you all the steps that are required to restart and restore your Android device so that it is as good as new. Whatever the reason you want to do it. Pay attention to make it very practical and fast by carrying out the whole process in detail.
1- From Recovery mode
You can also reset an Android mobile, from Recovery mode. If for some reason your phone does not want to boot, the recovery mode will help you solve this problem that your mobile device has. That is why, you must follow the next steps to solve this problem.
- First of all, you must turn off your mobile.
- Next, you will have to press and hold two buttons on your mobile simultaneously to enter the system menu of your Android.
- Given the version, the modes of use vary, although the ones that are usually used are: ” Mobile power button+ Volume up button ” or, on the contrary, ” power button + volume down button “.
- After your mobile phone has logged in, you must choose the option ” Wipe data / Factory reset” or Wipe Data / Factory reset .
- To navigate through the system menu of your mobile phone, it is necessary to use the volume button to go up and down, and the power button to choose.
- Next, a text will appear indicating that you are going to delete all your data. Then you must click where it says ” Yes“.
- Finally, when the factory settings are restored, you need to click on the option that says “Reboot now” or Reboot now.
2- Restore Android from the settings
In this article, we will tell you how to reset the mobile from the ” settings ” of your device with Android system. Also, this is one of the simplest ways to do it. Check how to do it with simple steps, as we will show you next:
- First, you have to go to the ” Settings” menu of your device.
- Next, tap on the option that says ” Backup” or ” Backup and Restore .” You can find it on your mobile in the submenu.
- Now, you just have to choose the option ” Factory Data Reset” or Factory data reset . You must click and hit accept so that you can permanently restore the settings on your device.
- As a final step, once you have completed all the steps mentioned, you will proceed to ” Restart” your phone to restore it.
3- Do a complete reset using the mobile buttons
Another way to reset an Android mobile is through a hardware reset is another way you can use to do a more advanced reset of the device. This is done using the buttons on the mobile. In this step, we will tell you how to do it:
- First, you must turn off your mobile device.
- Now, depending on the type of device you have, this step may vary a bit, although normally you will have the option of pressing a combination of buttons, which are usually ” power” + ” direct access button ” + ” volume button … below “. As you do so, release it until your phone starts up.
- Afterwards, the phone should already be in recovery mode by following the previous step.
4- Factory reset from a Windows PC
Well, if you want to know how to reset an Android mobile from a PC, you should know that we have reached one of the steps that gives you the ability to restore your mobile with the help of a computer. You can use this conclusion if you can’t solve it with any of the above processes.
Follow with the following procedures that we will give you using one of the programs that we will present to you right now:
5- Format from a PC using ADB and FastBoot
Well, it is important that you know how to do this startup from a PC, so this is the way to do it using ADB and FastBoot, where we present the steps with everything and details to reset an Android mobile.
Secure links to download ADB and FastBoot:
- Download for Windows
- Download for Mac
- Download for linux
- The first thing you should do is very important, and that is that you must install the mobile drivers on your PC.
- You must download the ADB and FastBoot tool, which includes commands to restore the factory settings of a PC.
- Next you must prepare your device in ” fastboot mode” with the mobile off, and then press and hold the power and volume down buttons simultaneously. That is at the same time, but do not release them until the phone starts up.
- After doing the previous step, you have to connect the Android to the computer using a USB cable,and you have to wait for the driver installation to complete.
- To finish, you have to run the ADB and Fastboottool and you must enter the commands below one by one with the “Enter” key.
- astboot erase cache, this usually fixes conflicts on your device without having to restart it.
- fastboot rebootis the one that is responsible for restarting your mobile in a normal way. If for some reason neither of these two commands solves the problem, you should use the latest version of fastboot erase userdata , which will restore your phone from the factory.
6- Restore from a computer with the Universal ADB Helper
This is another of the ways that we will also present you to do it from your PC, it is called Universal ADB Helper , with which you can solve the problem of your phone with the help of your computer. These are the steps you must follow:
- As a first step, you need to connect your mobile phone to a PC using a USB cable.
- After that, you should allow time to complete the installation of the drivers that you have previously installed.
- Subsequently, you must run the Universal ADB Helper.
- On the screen of this tool, you must click where it says ” Reboot” and then select ” Bootloader “.
- After you have done the previous step with the hardware already in this state, you must choose the option that says ” Factory Reset via Fastboot“.
- Finally, you must use this tool with your phone in normal operating mode. It is essential that the device has USB debugging activated.
What to keep in mind before formatting your Android phone?
Since you know how to reset an Android mobile, then we present what you have to take into account to be able to format your Android mobile. Basically, you should not forget to make a backup on your device before starting the mobile phone formatting.
Yes, as we have told you before, make a backup as you will have to delete absolutely everything from your phone, you could lose all the information you have on your computer including contacts, photos, videos or other files that you have there.
If for some reason you also want to store it elsewhere, you can do it with a MicroSD to save what you want on your phone and thus not lose the data that you consider relevant. Also, if you want, make a backup of your WhatsApp conversations .
You can also export your Gmail contacts to a file so you don’t lose them during a reboot. These considerations should be taken into account before formatting a mobile device.
It is always good to save as much information as possible in any other place, be it the memory card, the PC, the Tablet, the pendrive and others. Thus, if at any time you lose information on your device, you already know that it has important documents stored.
If you have not managed to reset your hardware by following this guide, we recommend that you access the Movical.Net website as they offer free guides on how to individually reset all brands and models on the market. To obtain more firmware reset or recovery services, you can also hire the premium services it has where one of its technicians will help you personally with the inconvenience of your terminal.