Samsung smartphones are among the most popular and it’s no surprise that many people use Samsung Notes. There is a Windows version of this app in the Microsoft Store, but if you don’t have a Samsung laptop, you will be told when you try to download it that you have no compatible devices. However, there is a way around this limitation.
This tutorial is about how to download Samsung Notes app for Windows 10 and Windows 11 to work with your Samsung Galaxy phone’s notes on computer.
How to Download Samsung Notes to Computer
To download Samsung Notes to a computer or laptop, it must be running Windows 10 or Windows 11 and using a Microsoft account in the Microsoft Store. If so, then the download can be done in the following way:
- Not in the store, but in the browser, go to the application page https://www.microsoft.com/ru-ru/p/samsung-notes/9nblggh43vhv . Make sure you’re signed in to the Microsoft account on the Microsoft site with the same Microsoft account that you use on your computer.
- Don’t click the Get button, as it will automatically open the store (in Microsoft Edge, anyway) where no app downloads will be available. Instead, right-click anywhere on the page and select Check (for Microsoft Edge) or View Code (for Google Chrome). Then click on the mobile emulation button marked in the screenshot and refresh the page.
- After refreshing the page in the mobile device emulation mode, click the “Get” button.
- You will be prompted to select the device where the Samsung Notes application will be installed – select it and click Install.
- If the installation is performed on the same computer, it will start automatically after a short time. If not, go to the Microsoft Store and see the list of apps in the Downloads and Updates section (arrow top right).
All the same (entering the page and pressing the “Get” button) can be done from a mobile phone, followed by a choice of a computer on which Samsung notes will be installed – in this case, you will not need to enable emulation mode.
In my today’s test, everything described works fine, but it is possible that in the future this method of installing “unsupported” applications will be covered by Microsoft.
Note that working on notes from your phone to your computer requires that both the Samsung Notes app for Windows and the original app on your smartphone use the same Samsung account – you will be prompted to sign in when you first sign in to the app.
After logging in, all notes will be synchronized and available for viewing or editing:
In the context of using Samsung smartphones with a computer, you may be interested in the Link to Windows on Samsung Galaxy instructions .