Many users already know how to install Microsoft Office on Windows . However, in case you want to obtain the Office suite within Ubuntu, we recommend reading the following guide where you will learn How to install Microsoft Office in Ubuntu Linux with Wine easily?
How to install Microsoft Office on Ubuntu Linux with Wine easily?
If you want to get Microsoft’s office suite inside the Ubuntu operating system, you can use the Wine application which works decently in most circumstances. Read the following guide to do this easily:
- The Wine tool is installed in Ubuntu by default. In any case, if you don’t have it on your system, you can get it after opening the terminal and writing the following code “sudo apt install wine”. Then , press the “Enter” key and wait until it finishes downloaded and installed the program.
- Once you have successfully installed the Wine program, it is possible to run files intended for the Windows operating system, that is, .exe files.
- In the same way, it is possible to run installation files such as programs and Microsoft Office. For this reason, you should make an original copy of this popular office software.
- When you have access to this copy, you must run the “Setup.exe” and make the relevant settings. So you can use the Microsoft Office program in Ubuntu.
- The above process works in the vast majority of cases. Either way, keep in mind that Windows programs are not set up to work negatively on Linux. Therefore, there may be various errors that make it difficult to use.
Another way to install Microsoft Office on Ubuntu
- As is common for Ubuntu users, the procedure to obtain Microsoft Office within Linux involves using the terminal or system console. For this reason, it is advisable to learn to use the Linux terminal and to know some basic commands. First of all, open terminal easily by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T key settings .
- Once you have the Ubuntu terminal open, write the following code: “cd / Downloads” and press the “Enter” key.
- Locate the download folder. To properly download the Office suite, type the following code in the terminal: “sudo dpkg -i microsoft_online_apps.deb”, and press the “Enter” key.
- By doing the above, the Microsoft office download process will begin, after which the links to that application will be displayed within Ubuntu.
It should be noted that the method shown above will use the online options of Microsoft Office, which are completely free. Either way, it is very possible that these present certain limitations, so OpenOffice could continue to be the best option within Ubuntu.
OpenOffice as an alternative to Microsoft Office
The Open Office application is the free software answer to Microsoft Office, in fact, it works wonderfully and has nothing to envy to Microsoft’s paid software. Without a doubt, it is the most recommended office program within the Linux platform and even for other platforms, since it is completely free .
You can get OpenOffice directly for Ubuntu Linux and Windows and macOs operating systems, software that you can get through the official Apache OpenOffice link, which you can easily access through.
In the event that you cannot install Windows within Ubuntu Linux or it does not work correctly, you should definitely try this useful application that is compatible with Microsoft Office files. On the other hand, if you have a mobile device you can download Office for free in Spanish for your cell phone and take advantage of the advantages offered by this office suite.