All technology lovers hope that they are allowed to perform all activities quickly and in a timely manner, that is why within the Windows 10 system you can increase the speed of your internet with a few simple steps, improving the use you give to your pc or laptop, what you are going to do is improve the tools you use on your computer.
What is DNS and what does it work for?
The first thing to keep in mind is that a DNS is what knows all the domains that we want to access. When we enter the network, the first thing we do is search, then there is the DNS that records the searches and keeps them constant.
Since 2018, a new DNS is available, which is 188.8.131.52, which is basically a directory that resolves domain names. If a DNS is very saturated, it will be very slow, which forces to reduce the speed with which the network works, so it will not be effective or profitable.
- 184.108.40.206 of 14.8ms.
- Cisco OpenDNS of 20.6ms.
- Google Public DNS 34.7ms.
- Average ISP of 68.23ms.
Knowing this, which is what primarily interferes with your computer and the speed of the internet, you should pay close attention to the following steps.
Steps to increase the speed of your internet
- In Windows 10 you must open the settings , enter networks or the internet.
- You can also enter through the control panel where you will also find networks and the internet.
- Change the adapter options, it is not relevant if you are connected to Wi-Fi or a direct cable because you must do the same in both.
- Several options will appear and from them you will have to choose properties.
- You give internet protocol version 4.
- Hence brands where it says properties.
- Check the box that says “use the following DNS server addresses”
- Two boxes will appear to fill in, in this case for the first one you put the DNS that we mentioned at the beginning, which is much faster: 220.127.116.11.
- In the second, what you are going to translate will be 18.104.22.168. Validate the configuration on exit.
After performing these simple steps what you should do is exit, keep in mind that sometimes you will find a window that will say problem detector , do not be afraid if this happens because it is very normal because you are changing the DNS that originally it had your operating system, what happens is that it is reading and assimilating the new one you entered.
I changed my DNS, what do I do now?
After you do this, what you should do is simply close the windows that you have open in your browser. What is going to happen is that when you see and open your browser again it will be much faster, and when you place any word in your search engine, the result will appear much faster than before.
How do I verify that my internet speed has improved?
You will be able to appreciate this just by entering the browser, however if you are one of those who are demanding with your internet and give it greater use, we recommend that you enter pages such as speed test where you measure the speed range of your internet, You start it and wait for the result of the speed test it has.
Steps to verify the speed of your internet
- You must go to the windows icon and click on it. Then, in that search engine you put the word execute.
- In that window that will open you write gpedit.msc.
- You go to administrative templates and enter the network folder.
- You enter the Qos package developer folder.
- You enter in limiting the bookable width band, you are going to mark the box as enabled, and then you are going to place 1 in the limit of the bandwidth.
- Then you go to command prompt and clear the DNS cache.
- You go back to run and write% temp% there.
- You delete all the items in the temporary folder.
- You open the browser again, and that’s it.
These steps allow you to, apart from confirming the previous changes, verify that your internet has much more speed.