The iPad , especially the gorgeous (and massive) iPad Pro , is ideal for watching movies. Over the years, becoming thinner and lighter, the popular tablet is ideal for landscape viewing, whether on the sofa or in bed.
While it lends itself to the large number of video streaming services out there , thanks to the available and usually very capable applications, they do need an internet connection to watch.
This isn’t always possible, especially if you have an iPad with Wi-Fi , which makes traveling with the tablet a bit boring. For these situations, you will already want some entertainment content downloaded and for this you will first need to know how to get the files from your computer or from the Internet, on the iPad.
Using iTunes isn’t the only option, as we’ll see , but it’s probably the easiest way to transfer movies from your computer to your iPad. The same method can also be used to transfer movies rented or purchased through the iTunes Store, digital copies that come with physical discs, or other movies that have already been stored on your computer.
Open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPad
- Choose your iPad from the device menu at the top left of the screen.
- Tap Movies in the list of options done on the left side of iTunes.
- You should see a page with all compatible movie files listed.
- Check the Sync Movies box and select the movies you want to sync with your iPad.
- If you want everything to be up to date and the tablet to be up to date every time it is synced with your computer.
- Select the Automatically include checkbox and keep the All option.
- You should see all your files in Movies.
- You can also check out the TV shows.
- iTunes sometimes tends to classify files in a strange way.
- Alternatively, movies can be downloaded from the iTunes Store directly to your tablet, without having to connect it to your computer.
Select the iTunes Store application
- Choose the Movies section from the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Select and pay for the movie.
- Option to download the movie to watch offline.
- Videos purchased or rented through iTunes can be found in the Videos app on the iPad.
- Rentals expire after 30 days.
- Once you start looking, you need to finish in 24 hours, so don’t stay.