The company NVIDIA together with Microsoft has announced that “Minecraft RTX” will start from a beta version on April 16 of this year. It will provide users from a decade ago and current users a better and greater graphical experience in the vast universe of Minecraft.
How to Download, Install and Activate RTX for use in Minecraft
Also, to have access to this beta, you only need to have “Minecraft” for Windows 10, download it and in turn download the free update shown on the Xbox InsiderHub and have a GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card to enjoy this experience.
Next, we will explain what you must do to download, install and activate the RTX on your computer and enjoy this new graphic level.
How can I download Minecraft RTX?
First of all, for you to play this version, you must have the Windows 10 operating system on your PC as it is only for this platform. In this way, it is a mandatory requirement that must be fulfilled in the installation and then follow these instructions:
- Locate the Windows icon on the start bar to proceed to search for the “Windows store” and in this search and install Xbox InsiderHub.
- After the previous step, open Xbox InsiderHub and click on the “Hamburger Menu” located in the upper left corner (it is symbolized by three small horizontal lines).
- Proceed to connect by selecting “Insider Content” and now select “ Minecraft for Windows 10 ”, after all the procedure you will click on “Join”.
- At this point, you can click on “Manage” and select (if you wish) to be part of the normal Minecraft beta version (Minecraft Beta) or the raytracing version (Minecraft RTX Beta) this second option is the one that will activate.
- Once the version of Minecraft RTX is downloaded, download the latest version of the optimized driver from the Nvidia page so that it can play smoothly.
What do I need to use Minecraft RTX?
It is necessary that your computer has the GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card to be able to play fluently with a FullHD resolution (that is 1080p).
Thus, with the RTX mode it does not drop below 30 frames per second, which is why you must bear in mind that this is achieved using Nvidia’s DLSS 2.0 graphic scaling technology , which applies artificial intelligence to enlarge the images without losing quality.
For now, as the Minecraft RTX game is in its beta version, you should bear in mind that the game is not fully optimized and therefore, you may find inconsistencies when playing it with DLSS. Until then, it is suggested to set the settings to 1080p or 1440p otherwise, if you have the RTX 2080 card you can play without problems.
Improvements in the graphical section of Minecraft RTX
With this new technology in the game, it marks a before and after in contrast to the classic Minecraft version, since by adding global lighting, shadows and reflections using raytracing (in Spanish it means “ray tracing” that is responsible for improving the video game highlights, shadows and reflections) on all existing objects within the Minecraft world.
In turn, the objects that radiate or emit light are here more essential because in reality, it determines if you are going to be able to see inside a specific space, allowing you as a player, greater interaction with the environment.
This is how the implementation of this new technology to smooth textures and improve the performance of the video game, allows a greater experience and reality to you as a player you are experiencing within the game, making this a unique experience.