YouTube is a social network that, due to the large amount of content it offers, is used massively all over the world. In fact, it could be said that in every home there is at least one person who visits her in her daily life.
Being so used by everyone, it is normal that we want to find ways to take advantage of it in a better way. That is why in this article we show you which are the most useful keyboard shortcuts for using YouTube .
Since the developers of this entertainment platform think of everything we could need, we have the best shortcuts on our keyboard . They allow us to see much better and get more out of all the videos. You will not regret to keep reading and find out how to use them.
What are the most useful keyboard shortcuts on YouTube?
With so many social networks at our fingertips, we are not surprised that they are becoming easier to control. And it is that we do not need large devices to achieve it, only with our computer and its accessories we can take great advantage of everything that the internet has to offer us.
There is no doubt that YouTube has not been left behind in all these wonderful advances. And it is understandable, since being the second most used social network in the world, it is normal that it allows us to use it in a simple and clear way. For example, the playlists , its excellent video and sound quality , among other details, make it an excellent option to pass the time.
But if you want to go a little further and find out how to use the keyboard shortcuts provided on YouTube, keep reading to do so. You do not need to go to YouTube’s advanced options to use them, the simple steps that we will give you below will be enough.
What keyboard shortcuts can we use on YouTube?
There are a large number of useful shortcuts that we can all use when watching videos on YouTube , which will allow us to enjoy much more of everything that this platform has to offer. Next, we show you several of these shortcuts. These are:
- The space bar and the letter K: These shortcuts are some of the most popular, but it never hurts to mention them. With the help of these, you can pause or resume the video you want , as long as you are on the same page as the player.
- The tabulator key or tabulator: this key allows you to have much more control of what happens. With it we can navigate through the options, whether it is play / pause, next, previous, among others found in any YouTube video.
- Esc and the F key: Who has not ever wanted to see their videos in full screen? Well, by pressing the F key while watching a video, you can put the same in full screen. And if you want to reverse this, you just have to press the Esc key.
- The J, L keys and the left and right arrows: With the J and L keys you can respectively advance or rewind 10 seconds of a video. Now, if you don’t want to move around it so much, you can use the left and right arrows to move backward or forward just 5 seconds.
- The C key: if you are learning a language, want to watch a video in a foreign language, or want to play with the options, this shortcut is for you. If you press the letter C, you can activate and deactivate the subtitles of a video if it has them available.
- The M key and the up and down arrows: If you want to change the volume of a video with just a few keystrokes, you can use these shortcuts. With the up and down arrows, you can raise or lower the volume of a video respectively, or you can mute it directly with the M key.
These are just some of the most used and useful keyboard shortcuts on YouTube, so we encourage you to keep digging into the subject and discover which ones you can use more. We hope that all this information can be of use to you, and that you can enjoy your experience using YouTube much more.