How many times have you ever wanted to listen to music or to see a movie while traveling with a friend of yours, but the surrounding noises created an unbearable disturbance? This is a very common problem, but it can nevertheless be easily solved. In fact, in case you both have a pair of Bluetooth headphones , you can easily connect them to the device of your interest, being able to play the audio of multimedia content without problems, at the same time. To find out the procedure, which varies depending on the device used, all you have to do is read our article where we explain how you can connect both Bluetooth headphones
Best Wireless Bluetooth Headphones to Buy
- What you need to connect both Bluetooth headphones
- Connect both Bluetooth headphones
What you need to connect both Bluetooth headphones
Before proceeding and showing you the different procedures to follow to connect both Bluetooth headphones, you must pay attention to some aspects to use the devices correctly.
In fact, it is good to know that to connect multiple Bluetooth headphones and play multimedia content on both at the same time, the device from which the audio is started must be equipped at least with the Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity chip . Furthermore, it would be better if the Bluetooth headphones were also equipped with the Bluetooth 5.0 chip, for compatibility reasons.
Connect both Bluetooth headphones
The procedure for connecting both Bluetooth headphones varies depending on the device using. However, whether it is a smartphone or a computer, following the steps that we will list, you will have no difficulty and you will succeed in your understanding in no time at all.
Connecting Bluetooth headphones to an Android device is a simple operation that requires a few steps. The only thing to check is the Android version (which must be at least 8.0) and the presence of the Bluetooth 5.0 chip . Once you’ve done these simple checks, all you need to do is:
- Put the headphones into pairing mode (usually just press and hold the power button for a few seconds)
- Open the Settings of your smartphone and continue on Bluetooth (activate it if necessary)
- Identify the name of the first pair of headphones to be paired and press on it to pair them with the smartphone (then repeat the procedure for the second pair of headphones)
At this point, all you have to do is simply enable simultaneous playback on both Bluetooth headphones.
- Open your smartphone’s Settings
- Continue on Audio and check the headphones you want to use in the Play multimedia content on section
If you use a Samsung device , you can use an integrated function of the operating system, namely Dual Audio :
- Open your smartphone’s Settings
- Continue on Bluetooth and press the icon in the shape of three dots at the top right
- Then press on Dual Audio , activate the function and disable the volume synchronization
If you use an Apple device , connecting both Bluetooth headphones is very simple, as long as the smartphone is equipped with Bluetooth 5.0 technology (available from iPhone 8 / iPhone X).
- Turn on the first pair of Bluetooth headphones and enter pairing mode
- Open the iPhone Settings
- Go to Bluetooth and turn it on if necessary
- Find the name of the headphones and press on them to pair them
- At this point, repeat the same steps for the second pair of headphones
All that’s left to do is simply:
- Start a multimedia content
- Press on the audio icon , in the shape of a triangle
- Select the headphones you intend to use
If you have performed all the above steps correctly, the audio will play on both Bluetooth headphones.
Connecting both Bluetooth headphones to a Windows PC is not difficult, as long as you follow a few simple steps:
- Open Windows 10 Settings
- Continue on Devices (and make sure that the latter is active)
- Then click on Add Bluetooth or other device and select the Bluetooth item
- As soon as you identify the first pair of headphones to connect, click on their name and wait for the connection (if the PIN is required, you should enter 0000, or consult the instructions of the devices)
- At this point, carry out the previous operations for the other pair of Bluetooth headphones as well
After connecting both Bluetooth headphones, you can easily choose which device to listen to PC audio from:
- At the bottom right, click on the Windows audio icon
- Within the small screen that opens, you can easily select the headset with which to listen to the audio, by clicking on the relevant device name
However, to play music on both headphones at the same time, you will need to use third-party software, which does not always guarantee proper audio operation. We recommend the use of Synchronous Audio Router , one of the most reliable software for this type of operation.
The procedure to follow using macOS , Apple’s operating system, does not differ much from the one just listed for Windows. In fact, you just need to follow a few simple steps and you will easily be able to connect both Bluetooth headphones.
- Click on the gear icon to open System Preferences
- Go to Bluetooth (turn it on if necessary)
- Find the name of the first pair of headphones to pair and click on it (enter the pin if necessary)
- Repeat the same procedure for the second pair of headphones
At this point, if, as mentioned above, the Apple home computer is equipped with Bluetooth 5.0 , then connecting both headphones is a breeze.
- Start any multimedia content
- Click on the triangle icon
- Select the headphones to use for listening to audio
In case you have problems with connecting headphones (perhaps due to a hardware problem), you could try to take advantage of a macOS feature, which allows you to configure a multi-output device .
- Go to the Go menu , then to Utility
- Then continue on Audio MIDI Configuration and click on the + icon , located at the bottom left
- Next, click on Create device with multiple outputs and check the names of the Bluetooth headphones to use
- Double-click on the newly created device and give it a name
- At this point, click on the volume icon and select the newly created device