Computers need a little more attention, care, and help than they normally appear to be. The best thing to do when purchasing a desktop or laptop computer is to be well informed about its features, components, functions, and system tools . Since that knowledge is what will help you when solving a problem.
Computers often need a little help to function better: a physical or digital cleaning, and to optimize their functions for better performance.
Let’s talk about the BIOS
One of the most important aspects is booting your computer . Sometimes many people do not pay much attention to the way their computer starts … unless there is something wrong or wrong.
In this sense, it is important to note that the BIOS is a fundamental element in your computer’s system to successfully execute all the essential processes when starting the operating system .
How important is it?
This component of your computer is the first to work when you turn on your computer . What does? Simple: as soon as this firmware is activated, it will proceed to carry out a test on the rest of the components of your computer’s system to move on to the equipment startup phase.
Access the BIOS
As you can see, if this add-on does not work correctly, you will not be able to use your computer, or at the very least, boot problems could occur.
Another thing that many people probably do not know is that this element must also be maintained, that is, its respective driver update .
That is why it is essential that you learn to access the tools menu that will allow you to make the necessary settings so that your computer starts up faster.
Enter the configuration menu
After all the above, it is time for you to know, step by step, how to access the configuration menu to use the BIOS tools and improve the efficiency of your computer’s startup in a few simple steps:
- Turn on your computer.
- Press the “F12” key (this applies to the vast majority of computers. It is possible that in other models or operating systems you must have a combination of keys, such as “F12 + Del” , for example, you can enter with “F1” , “F8”, “F10”, etc. It will depend on the manufacturer).
- In this way, you will enter the utility page of this add-on. It is important that, throughout this process, you will only need your keyboard.
How to speed up computer startup?
Once you enter the BIOS setup menu, you should have a series of considerations in this regard to make your computer boot faster:
- Verify that the option ” Quick Boot ” is active (or Enabled). If not, use your keyboard to change its status.
- You will need to establish a loading sequence for your computer. Generally, the loading sequence involves: hard drive, CD, USB, and network card. For a faster start, you can set a load sequence only on the hard drive.
- To indicate the sequence or establish the boot priority of the operating system, you must make use of the ” Advanced BIOS Features ” option and, in the “Boot Sequence” section, indicate your boot priority, which, generally, should be the hard drive, but you can set any other parameter of your preference and disable the rest.
- To revert these changes, just carry out the same procedure and reestablish the initial settings.
Explore the rest of the tools that the BIOS has
You can carry out different configurations through the BIOS tools menu on your computer to improve performance. With the knowledge that you have acquired in this article, you will be able to start optimizing your computer’s boot time .
For now, what are you waiting for to put into practice what you have learned here? Take the first step to improve the performance of your computer with this very important option.