Just when you might think that technology had reached its highest point of evolution, new tools continue to emerge to facilitate research, communication, education and recreation through digital channels .
Software developers never cease to amaze with every program or device. Even something that, today, may seem so basic, such as the web, is capable of reaching a much more relevant scope than you could have imagined.
What is Web 3.0?
Also known as the semantic Web, it is a way of describing the degree of interactivity that people can have through the internet , this is due to the transformation of the web to a database.
Forerunners of Web 3.0
Of course, when you see the number of the web, it implies that webs 1.0 and 2.0 must have existed. On the one hand, web 1.0 refers to the most basic state of the WWW (World Wide Web), it was developed in the 60s.
In this type of website, only text could be inserted, that is, there was no other way to interact with the page through other elements, so it was quite limited.
With Web 2.0, which emerged in 2004, an attempt was made to put an end to the limitations of the previous design, offering, as its main attraction, a high index of interactivity with users.
This generated a considerable impact, since part of this can be reflected in social networks . Another of its strengths is the diversity of content , not only devoted to text but also images, and, over the years, any other type of multimedia content.
What is web 3.0 for?
Despite being considered as something under construction, there are some platforms with this type of technology as a pilot: that is, platforms that will serve as an experiment to detect errors , solve them and carry out the corresponding improvement.
Much is said about turning the web into a kind of personal assistant. It would use filters of likes and preferences of each one of the users to carry out intelligent searches.
What do you mean by that? Well, instead of carrying out a search and having to make comparisons with the results of different pages, the web can become so intuitive, based on all the information you have provided, to offer you exactly what you want, look for or you interested .
Greater degree of interaction
In other words, what is sought with this new technology is to turn your computer into a device that can understand you:
- Understand your tastes, your interests and any other type of personal information.
- As well as your search history and visits to web pages to optimize the search process.
- Not only will it be able to provide greater accuracy when analyzing and searching for the keywords in your search, but also to interpret the context of it.
Approach to reality
The web 3.0 is still something that is being tested, however, many platforms have adopted some of the features that may offer once it is at 100% capacity. The consequences that it can have today are interesting to review. You dare?
- The internet connection should be faster . So, as this type of technology is established, internet service providers will need to increase their capacity.
- The connection through different devices would be highly benefited with a high rate of effectiveness.
- There will be more and more three-dimensional webs. An excellent example would be Google Earth.
- Personalization, again, is present in this article. It will be a fundamental element in the development of web 3.0, with platforms that adapt much more to the needs and tastes of each of its users.
Towards a new era
On the web you can find much more information about this more than interesting topic that is still under development. There is nothing concrete yet, but arguably, the future of the web holds something simply amazing.