Next, we are going to see how to add or add OneDrive to the contextual menu “Send to” in Windows in order to speed up the times when sending files to the cloud.
Cloud storage is extremely important today. It is the safest method that we have to protect the most important files that we have on our computer.
The OneDrive integration with Windows is really seamless and you can’t expect less because OneDrive is from Microsoft. It offers us the possibility of having free storage of up to 15 GB , more than enough for most users.
Being perfectly integrated in Windows we can send files from our own computer without having to open the browser or anything similar. We can even do it from the context menu of “Send to”.
Although we can open the folder and drag what we want to be uploaded to the cloud, this process can be a waste of time if we have the ability to send it by pressing a single click, right?
So this speeds up the process of saving files in the cloud a lot. For this reason, we are going to see how you can configure OneDrive in Windows so that it appears in the “Send to” menu and save as much time as possible.
This tutorial is quite simple to carry out and it can be useful to add other applications such as Google Drive to “Send to”, since it is the same for all the apps you have on your computer.
How to add OneDrive to the context menu in Windows
- The first thing we must do is press ” Windows + R ” to open the ” Run ” window .
- In this window we are going to write ” shell: sendto ” and press the enter button.
- This will open the ” Send to ” folder which looks like any other Windows folder.
- In this folder you must right click on a blank space and choose ” New ” and then ” Shortcut “.
- A new window opens to be able to create the shortcut to any app, program, folder or file.
- Now we are going to click on the ” Browse ” button that you can see on the right side.
- This will open a small window “Search for files and folders” what we must do is navigate between the folders until we find the one for ” OneDrive ” and then simply click on “OK”.
- Once selected, what we will have to do is click on ” Next ” at the bottom.
- Then we are going to have to choose the name of the shortcut which by default will be ” OneDrive ” here you can put the name you want or leave this.
- This way the shortcut should appear in the ” Send to ” folder .
How to add to the context menu of Windows One Drive
Now every time we right click on a file and select the “Send to” option . We can see that “One Drive” appears. In this way we copy the file directly to our account in the cloud.
In case you want to send files or folders to a specific folder in OneDrive, you will have to create a shortcut to that folder in the same way as we discussed above. In this way, the specific folder will appear in the Windows context menu every time you right-click on a file or folder.
As you can see, it is quite easy to create a shortcut to add it to the contextual menu of send to in Windows. In just a few steps, you have everything to create all the shortcuts you want from any kind of program.
Remember that if you still have any kind of doubt you can leave it a little below where the comments section is located so that we can help you.