What to know about Facebook’s online dating service
- 1What you need to know about Facebook’s online dating service
- 2What is Facebook Couples?
- 3How does Facebook Couples work?
- 4How to activate Facebook Couples
- 5How to use Facebook quotes
- 6How to adjust Facebook dating settings
- 7Does my Facebook Dating account interfere with my Facebook profile?
- 8Dating on Facebook … secret crushes …
- 9How to Delete a Facebook Dating Profile
- 10Safety on Facebook Couples
- 11The Secret Crush option on Facebook, how does it work?
- 12Is Facebook Dating Paid or Free?
- 13Solve the most common problems with the Facebook dating function
- 14What to do when Facebook Couples does not work
Facebook’s dating feature combines the best features of apps like Tinder and Bumble with the world’s most popular social media platform. Here’s how to activate the Facebook dating feature so you can start making appointments.
The information in this article applies to the Facebook mobile app for iOS and Android.
What is Facebook Couples?
Dating on Facebook is a new feature that helps you make romantic connections through the global social network. You don’t have to create a separate dating profile; Facebook uses the information from your current profile to recommend potential matches based on shared interests. Your profile will also be recommended to others who have Facebook Dating activated.
Facebook’s dating feature is very similar to Bumbleand Tinder’s in that you can’t message other users until they both express interest in each other. The app will not suggest any of your current Facebook friends. Similarly, your dating profile will not be visible to your friends using the feature. However, friends can add each other to their secret crush list, so that you can pair up with a friend if they have a crush on you.
Facebook users must be 18 years or older (based on their profile) to access Facebook Dating.
How does Facebook Couples work?
Before you can enable Facebook Dating, you must create a Facebook account. Since the dating feature gets information from your regular profile, you should fill it out as much as possible. There is no separate Facebook dating app or Facebook dating site; the function is integrated into the Facebook mobile app.
Photos and other content that you share through Facebook Dating do not appear on your regular Facebook profile. Conversations in Facebook Dating are also kept separate from your Facebook Messenger conversations. If you become Facebook friends with some after matching them on Facebook Dating, you can still see their dating profile.
The dating feature is not available on the Facebook website, but there is a dating FAQ page on Facebook .
How to activate Facebook Couples
To start using Facebook Dating:
- Open the Facebook app and tap on the hamburger menu at the top right of your feed.
- Dating with the touch.
- Follow the instructions to set up your dating profile. After sharing your location and choosing a photo, your dating profile will be generated using the information from your Facebook account. You can personalize your Facebook dating profile by adding more information, photos, and even Instagram posts. Touch Done when you are satisfied.
How to use Facebook quotes
Facebook Dating will start recommending profiles one to one. You can go to the Dating section in the Facebook application at any time to see your recommendations.
- Tap the heart on the user’s profile to let them know you like them, or tap the X to pass. If they like you, you can start a conversation.
- If someone else likes your profile, you will receive a notification. Tap the heart of their profile to make them like it so you can send a direct message.
- You can view your matches and conversations by tapping Matches at the top of the app.
- Scroll to the bottom of your profile and tap Answer a question to answer random questions that will help Facebook improve your match suggestions.
- You can also add photos and share Instagram posts to the bottom of your profile page.
How to adjust Facebook dating settings
Changing some settings will change the way the Facebook dating app works for you.
- Tap the device on the screen where Facebook suggests profiles to access settings.
- In the ideal partner tab , you can set your preferred criteria for potential partners. On the General tab , you can control what appears on your profile.
- To connect your Instagram account, tap the ellipses ( … ) next to Instagram .
- Tap Connect Stories and then one (or both) Connect buttons to share your Facebook and Instagram stories.
Does my Facebook Dating account interfere with my Facebook profile?
Once you’ve entered all your information, you can check and confirm it, and your Facebook dating profile is finally up and running. Any changes you make to your Facebook dating profile will not affect your regular Facebook profile and vice versa. This means that if you delete a photo from elsewhere on Facebook, it will remain on your dating profile. Similarly, if you delete a photo from your dating profile, it will always stay where you shared it.
The same is true if you delete your entire dating profile from Facebook, which you can do from the dating settings screen. Anything you have shared elsewhere will not be affected. Next, you will need to specify the matching criteria in the appointment settings.
Dating on Facebook … secret crushes …
You can match up with your Facebook friends and Instagram followers through the secret crush feature. To do this, scroll to the bottom of the screen where Facebook suggests profiles and select Secret Crush .
Then you can select friends on Facebook and Instagram. If they have Facebook dating enabled, they will get a notification that someone has a crush on them, but they won’t know who. If they also add you to their secret crushes, then you will be matched.
How to delete a Facebook dating profile
It is possible to delete your Facebook Couples profile without deleting your regular Facebook profile, but deleting your account will remove you from Facebook dating.
- Tap the device on the screen where Facebook suggests profiles to access settings.
- Tap the General tab .
- Press Delete profile in Account .
- Select a reason to leave Facebook Appointments, then tap Next .
Facebook Safety Couples
Before meeting someone on the web in person, you should always tell a friend where you are going. It’s also a good idea to reach out to them via text or Facebook so they know you’re safe. If you want to block a user from contacting you or viewing your profile, you can do so in the General tab of the Facebook dating settings.
The Secret Crush option on Facebook, how does it work?
Have an interest in a Facebook friend that goes beyond platonic? Facebook Dating’s “Secret Crush” feature can help you break the ice and declare your crush on your secret lover.
- Select a list of 9 of your Facebook friends that “interest you”.
- If they are also on Facebook Dating, they will receive a notification that “someone” (ie, not you specifically) has a crush on them.
- If you add each other as a secret crush, the names will be revealed to both people and both parties will be the same.
- Once you have started your list, you can add one person per day until all 9 options are completed. You can remove Secret Crushes at any time.
- No one but you can see your “Secret Crushes” list.
Is Facebook Dating paid or free?
At the moment, the Facebook dating service is completely free. Currently Facebook users do not pay for the dating service, but this could change if it is launched on a large scale.
Facebook executives said they have been thinking about the idea for years and started creating the service in late 2017. They also recognized that people are already using Facebook to meet new people, so this new service will be an opportunity to do so. a simpler and, above all, safer way… ..
Solve the most common problems with the Facebook dating feature
Facebook users have occasionally reported problems with the social network’s dating service, including:
- Facebook Dating does not appear in the Facebook application.
- Facebook Dating is not loading.
- The Facebook app keeps shutting down.
- Photos and other features do not appear in the app.
- Facebook appointment notifications do not appear on the home screen.
If Facebook Couples isn’t working for you, you can try updating the Facebook app, restarting your device, or troubleshooting internet connection issues.
The information in this article applies to the Facebook application for iOS and Android.
Causes of Facebook Couples not working
If you’re having trouble with Facebook Dating, it’s probably for one of the following reasons:
- The Facebook application needs to be updated.
- Facebook Dating doesn’t work for anyone.
- You have blocked notifications.
- There are problems with your Internet connection.
- The cache data on your mobile device is corrupted.
Depending on the source of the problem, you may just have to wait for the Facebook team to fix it, but there are a few things you can try in the meantime.
Search “Facebook Dating is down” on Google and Twitter to see if other users are reporting problems with the Facebook app.
What to do when Facebook Couples is not working
Try these steps until Facebook Dating works properly:
- Update the Facebook application. If Facebook Dating isn’t showing up, you probably need to update the Facebook mobile app to the latest version. It is possible to activate automatic updates for Android and update all applications at once on iPhones.
- Check your Wi-Fi connection. If you are connected to a Wi-Fi network and have problems with other applications, you may need to troubleshoot the Internet. If you are using a mobile data plan, there are a few things you can try to fix when your mobile data is down.
- Enable Facebook app notifications . If you’ve turned off notifications for the app, make sure to make an exception for Facebook or turn notifications back on. You can customize notifications for iPhones and Android devices so that you can hide app notifications on the lock screen.
- Clear the cache on your mobile device. The device stores data to help the applications run faster, but something that this data corrupts and causes the applications to stop working properly. Clearing the cache on your iPhone or Android device can resolve any conflict.
- Check if Facebook is down. If other users are reporting problems with Facebook, then there is probably nothing you can do except wait until it works again.
- Close the Facebook application. When you close apps on iPhones or Android devices, it can fix minor bugs that make the features disappear.
- Restart the device. Turning the device off and back on can solve a surprising number of problems.
- Delete and reinstall the Facebook application. Try removing the app from iOS or Android and downloading it again from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Contact the Facebook Help Center . If you still can’t access Facebook Dating and no one else is reporting service issues, you can contact Facebook’s support team.