Wow, isn’t that an enticing title for a blog article?
Doesn’t everyone want to earn a passive income?
Isn’t that the holy grail, the promised land and the ultimate dream of every internet entrepreneur and blogger?
Well, maybe not, but let’s face it, we all want passive income and we’re all interested in hearing how you can create passive income.
100% PASSIVE, IS THAT POSSIBLE?
When you start experimenting with different ways to make money on the internet , you will discover that most revenue models are NOT really passive.
In fact, I have yet to come across the first revenue model that is really completely 100% passive so that the money keeps coming in without you having to do anything for it.
Admittedly, there are systems that require little maintenance once you’ve set them up.
You can even set up online businesses for which you can outsource the daily maintenance.
But in the end you will also have to do something yourself to ensure that everything continues to run smoothly.
You’ll need to check in from time to time to make sure your employees are doing what they’re supposed to do.
Maybe you don’t have employees. You may be making money online as an affiliate marketer through pay-per-click Google Adwords campaigns that you set up from home.
Ultimately, even the best affiliate marketer should check their advertising campaigns from time to time. This can hardly be called a full passive income.
Blogging in itself does not create passive income – far from it for most bloggers.
The bloggers who make money from their blog do certain things to make money. If they don’t write blog posts or promote products, they won’t make money.
It is actually impossible to generate completely passive income because the world is constantly changing.
Your customers and other bloggers in your niche are dynamic and that’s why you have to evolve with it if you want to keep making money on the internet.
That excludes 100% passive income.
To be able to respond to a constantly changing environment, you have to constantly change yourself.
It takes an effort to change.
That is why it is so difficult to find online revenue models that are 100% passive.
HOW CAN YOU CREATE PASSIVE INCOME WITH A BLOG POST?
There are several ways to make money on the internet.
In this blog article I have made an overview of the 4 most common revenue models on the internet and compared them with regard to the following criteria:
1) Startup time: how long does it take before you earn a decent income?
2) Passive Income: Can you set up a system to make money on autopilot or does it require a lot of work to maintain your income?
3) Revenue per visitor: how much do you earn on average from each visitor that lands on your website?
4) Visitor numbers : how many visitors per month will you need to earn a decent income?
The figure below shows the result:
The size of the spheres indicates to what extent the business model is suitable for earning passive income.
PASSIVE INCOME AND AFFILIATE MARKETING
You can see that affiliate marketing is very suitable for earning passive income (advertising maybe even more, but then you have to find a way to keep creating content so that visitors keep coming to your website).
Btw: be sure to read this blog article if you are not yet fully aware of what affiliate marketing is.
In short, it means that you earn a commission by promoting someone else’s product.
I make money with this blog through affiliate marketing and have specialized in that. When done right, you can make money almost completely passively with affiliate marketing on a blog.
I deliberately say almost entirely passive income because you will still have to do things to keep money coming in.
You will need to keep writing blog articles to keep your blog active. Without new updates to your blog, the flow of visitors from Google will gradually dry up.
It may take a long time for the traffic from Google to decline, especially for blogs that have strong authority and high rankings in Google, but eventually a blog that is not updated will die…
I think so… I wonder if a blog like www.internetsuccesgids.nl would ever die , given the abundance of useful blog articles about internet marketing.
I think the search engines would continue to send visitors to this website for a long time to come, even if it wouldn’t be updated from now on.
HOW MY SYSTEM WORKS
On this blog I write articles about internet marketing.
More specifically, I mainly focus on how you can earn money with a blog and mailing list through affiliate marketing.
The purpose of my blog is to also enable you to earn money by recommending affiliate products through your blog and mailing list.
You will also experience how great this feels if you succeed in this.
I would love it if I could help you make your first sale through affiliate marketing!
That’s why I write articles about:
- How to choose the right nicheand find a good product to promote
- How to set up your own blog or websitewithout toil
- Different ways to get visitors to your blog
- How to build a mailing list of interested readers
- Which revenue modelsyou can link to your blog so that you can earn money
When it is relevant, I refer in those blog articles to a product or course that has been extremely valuable to me and that I am convinced will help you too.
It also took me a long time to find a system that really works and that suits me from the plethora of information out there on the internet.
So if you are interested in making money with your own blog through affiliate marketing, I can certainly help you on your way so that you can avoid common mistakes and achieve your goal faster.
My system goes like this:
- It all starts with writing interesting blog articlesrelated to your niche. The intention is to inspire, entertain or educate your reader.
At the end of such an article you place an affiliate link to a related product or service that will also help your reader move forward.
- After writing such a blog article, you send a broadcast emailto your mailing list. Sending out this email, combined with the extra interest new blog articles get just after they are published, will generate initial affiliate sales.
- You also add this email to the email sequence in your That way, everyone who subscribes to your mailing list will receive this email at some point.
This creates passive income. Long after you’ve written the article, your autoresponder will continue to drive readers to it and make sales.
- If you do some things right in terms of search engine optimization, the blog article will also be indexed in Google. You will then get visitors from Googlein the future . This will further provide passive income.
- In order to realize more sales, you can refer to the blog articlethat successfully recommends affiliate products in other blog articles .