UBER is a transport service platform through a mobile application with millions of users worldwide. This application has made life easier for many people who have to travel by Uber taxi from one place to another in their city every day, but rates How can we calculate Uber rates ?
How UBER Rates Are Calculated – UBER RATE
And it is that you can easily and quickly request an Uber to take you to the place you want . But how are Uber fares calculated ? Here we explain it to you.
Factors that influence Uber rates
Let’s first get to know the factors that influence Uber rates so that you can understand the reasons for the prices that apply to trips and the different services on the platform.
- Base or standard rate: It is the price that is applied for the charge of minutes elapsed and kilometers traveled on the trip. This rate determines the approximate price of the trip.
- Application Fee: It is an extra fixed charge that is applied to the base fee to cover the costs for operational, regulatory and security expenses. This fee varies from country and city to city depending on applicable laws.
- High demand zones and times: To satisfy User demand, the platform increases prices temporarily in certain zones and at specific times so that more Driver Members go to the zone until the balance between supply and demand is recovered .
Uber fare types
Taking into account the factors explained above, then we can say that Uber handles two types of rates. The standard rate and the dynamic rate. The standard rate is a base price that is calculated by time and distance, depending on the type of service you choose. This rate can be consulted from the application when you request an immediate trip or make a travel order in advance.
On the other hand, the dynamic rate is applied when the demand of Uber users increases, in certain areas higher rates are applied so that more driving partners go to that area and thus meet the demand.
Through the application, users can see that the dynamic rate is activated before confirming a trip. Thus, they will have the option of accepting it or waiting for the rate to be regulated.
How to calculate the Uber fare?
You already know the theory, now let’s go to the practical part. We are going to request an Uber trip. How can I calculate the fare for a trip before confirming it ? You have several ways to do it:
- Directly from the app: When you open the Uber app on your mobile, go to the “Where are you going?” Bar. Then, enter your destination address and the application will automatically present you with the available Uber services and the rates for each.
- From the Uber website: You can calculate the fare for an Uber trip in any city where Uber is available through the Uber fare estimator. So you can know the price of your trip and calculate budgets.
- For scheduled trips : If you want to know the rate of a trip that you will schedule for another time, enter the application and press the symbol of a car with a clock next to the «Where are you going?» Bar. Choose the date of your trip and the time, you can schedule up to 30 days in advance.
- Then, select the destination and you will automatically be presented with the available service options and the rate for each of them.
Even if you want to know the breakdown of an Uber fare for a trip, you can. In the application, after entering your destination, when presenting the available services, select the type of Uber service you want to request.
There you will see the details of the service and next to the rate an information symbol appears, by pressing it you will see the breakdown of the rate applied to that service.
Now that you know how to calculate Uber rates for each of your trips, you can have the confidence to go where you need to go without breaking your budget. In addition, Uber offers you various forms of payment for your convenience and you can even split the Uber fare to pay it among several friends. Enjoy these and other excellent services that Uber has for you.