Awareness about Housing threats is very important for ensuring the efficiency and reliability of the life support systems of the city.Better utilities are one of the most important conditions for the safe living of citizens.
The main threats of Housing Threats For Households include:
- the continuing potential for accidents on utilities and energy sources;
- lack of capacity of heat supply facilities in certain areas of cities;
- congestion of the main sewerage engineering networks and filtration fields;
- the incompleteness of the transition to new safe technologies for the treatment of drinking water, street cleaning, recycling of industrial and household waste, energy-saving, low-waste technologies, the use of materials, raw materials and products containing environmentally harmful substances;
- decrease in the availability of public services for the population due to the increase in their cost (baths, laundries, dry cleaners, etc.);
- the continuing threat of leaks in the heat and water supply networks, leading to soil leaching and the formation of failures;
- shortage of industrial processing facilities for solid household waste in some districts (districts) of cities;
- aging of the housing stock, as well as urban engineering infrastructure.
The main preconditions that exacerbate the emergence of threats of public and residential nature are:
- weakening of the material and technical base of housing and utility supplies due to the low solvency of the population;
- aging and wear of gas, water, heat and other engineering networks and facilities;
- shallowing of sources of drinking water supply;
- insufficient number of backup and emergency sources of water and heat supply;
- impossibility to use alternative energy resources (wind, solar, geothermal energy, etc.).
The implementation of these threats can lead to:
- to a sharp increase in accidents on the municipal energy networks of the city;
- disruption of the vital activity of the population and the functioning of the city economy;
- deterioration of the sanitary and epidemiological situation, increase in the level of infectious diseases;
- reduce the level of livelihoods of the population during natural emergencies caused by severe frosts, precipitation, drought, etc .;
- creating an unstable social environment.