This article will provide a discussion of the meaning, structure, and examples of historical narrative texts . Have you heard about the history text? This article will provide all matters relating to the text of historical stories.
You will know and understand many things related to the text of historical stories. Hopefully the presence of this article will be able to help you in doing the tasks given by your teacher. Not only able to do the task, but you really can master the text of historical stories. Have a good study.
Understanding Text History Stories
What is meant by the text of a historical story? The text of a historical story is a reading that contains an explanation of facts that have occurred in the past. The background of the story that is classified in the text of a historical story, has a historical value.
The text of a historical story shows that the story delivered is not an ordinary story or a story based on someone’s imagination, but rather a story of historical value. This shows that the story told has real evidence, because it has happened in the past.
Apparently, the text of this historical story is a real story and has happened in a long time or a long time ago. Then what are the structures that need to be contained in the text of a historical story? Well, that question will be answered in the next discussion.
Historical Story Text Structure
What are the structures of historical narrative texts? There are several structures in the history text. The following are 3 structures of historical narrative texts, which will be conveyed and explained, please note carefully.
- Is a structure in the text of a historical story that contains an opening or introduction. In general, this section will provide a brief explanation of the historical events told.
- Sequence of events. Is part of the structure of the text of a historical story that contains recordings of events that occurred. Records of events in question are the order of events as well as the time of the historical narrative text being discussed. The intended time is the initial event to the last event or chronological order. As a main part, this sequence of events will tell in detail and detail. The aim is to give readers a better understanding of events that have occurred in the past.
- Is part of the structure of the text of a historical story that contains personal opinions submitted by the author. The opinion is the author’s commentary on the historical events told. This section is not required to be presented in a historical narrative text.
The explanation above shows that there are three structures in the text of historical stories, namely orientation, sequence of events or reorientation. After understanding the structure of the historical narrative text, the next will be explained about the characteristics of the historical narrative text.
Characteristics – Texts from Historical Stories
Characteristics of historical narrative texts, can be explained as follows.
- The stories conveyed are presented sequentially or in accordance with the chronology from beginning to end.
- The text in a historical story takes the form of a retold text.
- The conjunction used in the history text is a temporal conjunction.
- The story told is a fact that never happened, not the imagination of the writer.
How, have you understood the characteristics of the text of a historical story? These characteristics make the text of a historical story different from other texts. Understanding the features of historical narrative texts, it would not be complete without knowing the rules in language in historical narrative texts.
Also read: Definition and Anecdotal Text Section
Rule in Language Text History Stories
Same thing with other texts. Text history stories have linguistic rules that must be followed. What are the language rules that must be had in the text of a historical story? The following explanation.
- The phrase used is an adverbial phrase. Is a word that shows about the time, place, and event that happened.
- Using pronouns or called pronouns. Is a word that is used to replace the name of a person or object, indirectly.
- The verb used is a material verb. Is a word that gives a clue about the activities or activities carried out by a participant.
- Conjunction used is a temporal conjunction that shows the conjunctions of time. This conjunction is useful for arranging the sequence of events being told.
There are 4 language rules that must be contained in the text of historical stories, namely adverbial phrases, material verbs. Temporal conjunctions, and pronouns. Then, what are the types of historical narrative texts? Please note the discussion below.
Types of Text Historical Stories
Historical narrative text can be divided into two things, namely fiction and non-fiction. Each of these categories still has several types, namely:
- Fiction history. Fiction history can be divided into 4 types, namely:
- Short stories or short stories. Is part of a narrative that is fictional. The story told in a short story, tends to be direct and concise, in the sense of not long-winded.
- Romance can also be interpreted as a love story. Is one type of literary work in the form of prose. The contents in the romance give a description of the actions of the characters, based on the character and content of each soul.
- Is a part of prose. In general, telling a story that really happened.
- Is one of the works of prose. The narrative is written in the form of a story.
- Non-fiction history. Non-fiction history can be divided into 4 types, which can be described as follows.
- Is a literary work that contains stories from a person’s life, but written by the person himself.
- Is one of the literary works that contain about the journey of one’s life written by others.
- Historical record. Is a work that describes an event in the past and has a historical value.
- Travel Notes. Is one of the works that tells about the journey that has been taken by an individual.
Have you understood the types of historical narrative texts? Actually, what are the differences between the history of fiction and the history of non-fiction. The following explanation will be given.
- The compilation of fictional history is based on real life, while non-fiction history is based on objective data.
- Fictional history provides a picture of the inner life of a character that is conveyed in more depth. However, the character development of the characters is not fully explained. Meanwhile, in the non-fiction history the portrayal of characters is written in full, based on the facts.
- Life presented in fictional history is based only on the personal views held by the author. Whereas in the history of non-fiction, life is presented based on the facts that exist.
The three things above that make a difference in the history of fiction and non-fiction history. Below, we will give examples of historical story texts.
The Origin of Borobudur
Borobudur temple was built by Samaratungga. He was a person from the Syailendra Dynasty. Borobudur Pyramid consists of 9 layers of floor. The name Borobudur comes from Sanskrit. This temple has experienced renovation. Restoration has been carried out twice, namely in 1905-1910 and in 1973 – 1983.
The example above gives you a little picture of the text of a historical story. Hopefully this article will be able to help you in understanding many things related to the text of historical stories. Have a good study.