Health Information System (SISalud) . It constitutes a platform that guarantees in a simple and efficient way the computerization process of the health sector, supporting the Strategies and Policies drawn up by the country’s leadership and the MINSAP in this regard.
[ hide ]
- 1 What is SISalud?
- 2 Technologies used
- 3 Generalities of SISalud
- 4 Structure of SISalud
- 5 Advantages reported by the implementation of SISalud
- 6 Sources
What is SISalud?
SISalud as a comprehensive solution means the articulation of a new paradigm in the provision of health services, which includes: Primary , Secondary and Tertiary Care , the Integrated Medical Emergency System, Health Surveillance, Medical Teaching, Telemedicine , Medications and Drugs , Epidemiology, among others.
This new strategy of the MINSAP is aligned to the Computerization process of the Cuban Society, putting the patient at the center of it and using Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) for its construction for the development of applications and components with a high level of integration and interoperability that allow obtaining timely, consistent and reliable information for health administration processes and decision-making at the different levels of management and medical care.
SISalud, more than a system, is an application platform, open and with a programming interface that allows the incorporation of new compatible modules, allowing the integration of components. It assumes the same architecture of the Computerized Health Registry (RIS), which guarantees the maximum availability of each of its components, and allows the recovery of the system from possible connectivity failures or solving problems such as the recovery of information, regardless of your location.
SISalud is based on a service-oriented architecture, developed with XML Web Services technology and implemented with PHP and MySQL .
Figure 1: Authentication screen in SISalud
Security in the portal begins with the identification of the users (Figure 1) who can access the system, credentials with which the administrator can, in the first instance, control the entrance and, once the passage is cleared, control their access and privileges to the available modules, guaranteeing the traceability of all processes. After the authentication process, the user has an interface that shows the modules assigned to him by his rights (Figure 2), as well as the access menu to: More Information, Configure, Help, About and Close Session.
Figure 2: Home screen in SISalud
SISalud users can be of three types:
- Administrators: They are users with the possibility to Manage (create, modify or delete) at different levels (National, Provincial, Municipal, Health Unit) other users in the system and check their traces. There will be an Administrator for each level.
- Editors: In charge of adding or updating the information in the modules.
- Viewers: They only have the possibility to see the information of the modules depending on their level.
On the SISalud home page (Figure 2), a notification system will be available that will allow the establishment of control mechanisms between professional users and health technicians, as well as for the different management bodies.
The notice module is presented as a proposal for managers who must ensure the quality of health services. It is the communication that the components carry out with each other and that must reach the user of each module to undertake the actions derived from each notice. When the gradual integration of all the applications that contribute to the computerization of the National Health System (SNS) is achieved , these notices can be executed by the modules in an automated way.
They are shown to the user since they authenticate in the system; that is, the notices are personal and not modular; This prevents the user from having to enter different modules to see their warnings. They are displayed in descending order by shipping date.
The validation of the modules and components of the first versions of SISalud is carried out in selected institutions of the SNS, thus guaranteeing the consistency, robustness and quality of the products at the time of their generalization, a process that takes place in a progressive and controlled manner guaranteeing from the beginning the development and training of human resources associated with them and technical assistance in a quick and timely manner, aspects that guarantee sustainability and success in the implementation process on a national scale.
Structure of SISalud
SISalud is considered an application portal for the SNS that conforms its structure based on the rights of the user who authenticates, giving him only the possibility of access to the modules or applications that he requires and also showing the corresponding notices. It provides a political, strategic and action integration that ensures an adequate introduction of ICT throughout the system and offers the possibility of obtaining new sources of export to the country.
Its structure integrates different modules that are related to the following areas (Figure 3):
Figure 3: Structure of SISalud
- System Administration:Guarantees security in access to a certain level of depth and editing rights through Authentication, Authorization and Audit (AAA). It offers benefits according to user type and management level through passwords and digital certificates.
- Basic Registers and Encoders:These are modules that record data that are of common need to other modules and favor the standardization of information. The information is administered and managed at the national or central level. Contains all RIS components classified as follows:
- National Medical Nomenclators:
Registry of the International Classification of Diseases (ICNR)
Registry of Primary Care Health Problems (RPSAP)
Registry of Compulsory Notifiable Diseases (REDO)
Registry of Indicators and Behaviors of Primary Care (RICAPS)
- National Resource Nomenclators:
Registry of Health Units (RUS).
Personal Health Record (RPS)
Register of Medical and Non-Medical Equipment (REQ)
Citizen Registry (RC)
Medical Collaboration Registry
Academic Management Registry
- National Service Nomenclatures:
Registry of Medical Services (RSM)
- National Geographic Nomenclators:
Locality Registry (RL)
Geographic Location Registry (UK)
Registry of Health Areas (RAS)
- Health Administration:These are the modules that respond to other health information and management systems that are not directly part of the levels of medical care. For example: Medicines and Drugs, Material Balance, Economy, among others.
- Medical Care ( Primary, Hospital and Specialized Care): They manage the information and generate reports regarding the care activity at the different levels of medical care. The specific modules of the primary care level will constitute a new tool for the transformation of these services, since they will integrate various subsystems such as the daily activities of the members of the Basic Health Team (EBS) and / or Basic Work Group (GBT), the dispensarization and planning of health actions based on the individual and family electronic health history. In relation to medical care at the primary level, the following modules are located:
Population Registry (RPOB) (Figure 4)
Daily Activities Register (RAD)
Vaccination Registry (RVAC) Cytology Registry .
A set of modules can be accessed from any level of medical care or health institution, allowing continuity in the monitoring of the patient, that is, they are modules that are not of the primary care level itself, but process and generate information that is obtained of this community level and at the same time provides feedback.
We find, among others:
Registry of Compulsory Declaration Diseases (REDO)
Death Registry (RFALL)
Birth and Labor Registry (RPN)
Similarly, you will access the modules that belong to the secondary and tertiary level of care, such as:
Modules of the Hospital Management System
Hospital Medical Emergency Registry
Centralized Donor Registry
Nephrology, Cardiology, Neurology Specialized Networks and others.
- Decision Support:Integrates the information of the modules or components to guarantee timely, consistent and reliable knowledge for decision-making at each level of direction of the SNS and the continuous improvement of the quality of medical care and the administration of Health.
Advantages reported by the implementation of SISalud
- It is portable in different operating systems, both on servers and on clients and replicable in other environments.
- It is a platform in constant development, which grows as new modules are implemented.
- Compared with other solutions, it is less expensive, since the number of servers involved is considerably reduced.
- It is an easy solution to maintain, update and technically support, since the application is centralized.
- It allows integration with all the processes related to the computerization of Cuban society.
- Provides standardized and homogeneous information to all health levels.
- It serves as a guide, consultation and learning for pre-professional and post-professional activity.
- It allows to have the national nomenclators to know the central definitions of the MINSAPregarding the provisions that govern the operation of the rest of the applications.
- Accelerates and improves the possibilities of comparative, investigative and statistical studies.