Graphic communication is a form of the process of delivering messages to the public through the media of an image. Now in making this graphic communication, things that you really need to pay attention to are the text, graphic illustrations, and also the colors that will be produced.
Graphic communication can also be interpreted as a process of delivering symbols that contain certain meanings by someone to the public through print media. Now to find out more about graphical communication, then you can see the explanation below.
Types of Graphic Communication
You need to know, if in this graphic communication has been divided into 5 parts, including:
- Print Media: Stickers, Book Covers, Flyers, Posters, Catalogs, Letterhead
- Outdoor Media: Nameplate, Banners, Neon-box, Pennant, Neon sign, Billboard
- Electronic Media: Television, Radio, Internet, Computer Animation
- Display Media: Hanging Design, Storefront, Floor Stand
- Memories: T-shirts, Hats, Various Souvenirs, Umbrellas
Elements of Graphic Communication
In a graphic design art this must include cognitive abilities and visual communication , including illustrations, typography, photography, image processing and layout. For its own application you can find it in magazines, books, banners, brochures, and others.
Graphics itself has elements that can be combined and designed to produce a communication media that is suggestive and communicative. The vital parts of graphic communication are text, color, and illustration.
While other elements commonly used for message emphasis can be on banners and flash / light rays. In order to better understand the elements in graphical communication, please see the review below.
In graphic communication, this text consists of the headline, subtitles, body copy, logos, and closing words. For an explanation you can see below:
The title is the most part of the text, which has the function to attract attention and also be the first thing to read. This title will also be able to direct the reader to find out more about the contents of the message or the products contained therein, and this becomes the headline function in the most important news .
And here are some things you should consider in making a title:
- The form of letters supports the title and exudes written character
- Title contrasts with other text (color, size, shape)
- Words are not too long, and are easy to read
- Place it in a frame or frame
- Avoid making titles with all capital letters
- Place the title in the middle
In graphic communication, this subtitle is a further description of the title. Where the function is to explain the meaning or meaning of the title and is generally longer, where in the procedures for writing scientific papers is very important to note.
This subtitle can also be used as a transitional sentence that directs the reader from the title to the opening sentence of the manuscript. Here are some things you need to know in making subtitles:
- Match and support each other’s titles
- Subtitle font size is smaller than the title
- Avoid placement under the column
- Use a different color from the text of the script
- For explanation, use the lines below or above the subtitles
- Customize the typeface with the title and also the script
- Use contrasting font types
- The script
This text is a sentence that provides a more detailed explanation of the contents of the message you want to convey, which has a function to direct the reader later in taking a stand, thinking, and following actions. Almost all need a manuscript with different functions , including the function of manuscripts in this physiology for example.
- The logo
This is an identification that is from a company or agency that is usually in the form of letters or drawings, simple, and communicative. There are several factors that are used in making graphic communication logos, such as history, identity, associative, unique, artistic, symbolic, so you cannot be careless.
- Closing remarks
For concluding words this usually consists of short sentences that are clear, concise, honest, and clear which usually have the aim of directing the reader in making decisions. In a good news writing technique , of course this section will never be missed.
After the text, in the next graphic communication this time is an illustration. Where this is a very vital element and can be presented in the form of scratches or simple points to complex.
This illustration itself can be in the form of pictures, photographs or the like. The functions of this illustration include:
- Stimulate interest from the reader to the whole message
- Attract the reader’s attention
- Highlight the features of a product
- Provide an explanation of the question
- Create a special atmosphere
- Win the competition
- Message dramatization
Color is the first thing a person sees, especially in the background color. Color becomes a very important element in a graphical communication, because it can have a psychological impact on people who see it.
To get an effective color, you can start by choosing a color that can represent the purpose of the graphic communication media that you want to create. This graphical communication media is a means of conveying messages and information to the public using graphic communication elements.
If that’s the discussion about graphic communication that you can understand more deeply, so you can understand what is contained in it. In addition, also know the discussion about the success and failure factors of business communication .