Is there a GTA Online error when participating in a session fix? Since 2017, players have complained that they are apparently unable to participate in an online session in Grand Theft Auto V, with the game frozen loading you or returning you to single player mode. Read on to find out if there is a fix for the annoying GTA Online error with session message or not.
How to fix GTA Online error when joining a session
Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be a one-size-fits-all solution when dealing with the GTA Online error while participating in a session issue. Thankfully, however, there are various different workarounds that seem to have worked for different players at different times. Below, you will find a list of all the notes that work for at least some fixes for the error with the session issue in GTA Online.
GTA Online error with session fixes
- Restart the game
- Restart your PC, PS4 or Xbox One
- Choose online play before entering single player mode if you can
- Try the opposite if it doesn’t work
- Check for updates
- The game will not work if it is not up to date
- Make sure your internet connection is working
- If not, restart the router
- Return to GTA Online later
- Sometimes it may take a day or two
- Make sure the GTA Online servers are not down
- There may be maintenance in progress or simply suffering from too many players
- Load a new save / game while in Story Mode, then choose your character
- You may need to do this a few times before this works
- Your main character should hopefully work
- Update your console or PC
- Make sure the antivirus is not preventing the game from running as it should
There are tons of general fixes that might work for you listed above. Hopefully at least one of them will work and you can get back online without any problems. Honestly though, this is an issue that has plagued GTA Online since 2017. Hopefully it’s something Rockstar can fix eventually and we can only hope it releases a fix sooner or later. In other news, we may be able to help you fix the annoying GTA Online 2000.43 error code.