Rainwater harvesting is a system of collecting and storing rainwater in tanks and other reservoirs for future use. Presently it is very important to conserve rain water so that there is no shortage of this natural resource . It is practiced globally and several measures are taken to prevent rainwater harvesting and water wastage.
In modern times people are aware of the adverse effects of human activity on our environment. Thus, the concept of rainwater harvesting is also growing rapidly and people are playing their role in protecting the environment and utilizing this natural resource.
Essay on rainwater harvesting
Rainwater harvesting refers to the accumulation and storage of rainwater for natural reservoirs or tanks or the infiltration of surface water to bring surface water to the surface for later reuse. Rainwater harvesting is very important as it is a practice to prevent water wastage and use it in many ways.
There are several methods through which this can be done such as surface water collection system, harvesting roofing method, underground tank, dam, slope, barrage, water storage reservoir, trenches etc. Harvesting water ensures and prevents smooth supply of water in future. insufficiency of water.
Essay on rain water harvesting, Essay on rain water harvesting in hindi (150 words)
Rainwater harvesting refers to the collection and storage of water for reuse. It can be used later for various purposes instead of allowing it to exit the gutter. It can be used for irrigation, gardens, household purposes and livestock. It can also be used as drinking water and ground water storage. Rainwater harvesting improves water supply throughout the year. With fluctuating climate change and the elimination of groundwater storage, rainwater harvesting helps mitigate those effects.
This can help recharge groundwater storage and ensure water availability in scarce areas. Rainwater conservation is also practiced in individual homes and apartments. Although new methods and techniques exist for harvesting rainwater in modern times, it is a traditional practice followed in rural areas. Rain water is always useful at a time when there is less rain. It can be used in many ways whether by traditional methods or with the help of new methods and technology.
Essay on rainwater harvesting, 200 words:
Rainwater harvesting means collecting rainwater in natural reservoirs or man-made tanks. It is a technique for collecting and storing rainwater for various purposes in future. Roof harvesting is the most common and easiest method of rainwater harvesting.
Using this technique we can collect a lot of clean rainwater during the rainy season. It can be stored for a long time for domestic purposes such as horticulture, livestock and irrigation etc. The following are the benefits of rainwater harvesting:
- It helps in reducing water supply load and municipal electricity bills, free in rural areas
- Water supply improves crop production and thus promotes food security.
- Rainwater harvesting systems help reduce the insecurity of households or individuals in rural areas.
- It provides easy and low cost water supply in the scarcity of water areas which helps in food security and income generation.
- Tamil Nadu is one of the states in India and is now the first Indian state where rainwater harvesting has been made mandatory.
- The Tamil Nadu state government has announced on 30 May 2014 to install around 50,000 rainwater harvesting structures at various locations in Chennai. So far, around 4,000 temples in Tamil Nadu have rain water tanks that serve in various rituals in temples and help recharge groundwater.
Essay on rainwater harvesting, Essay on rain water harvesting in hindi (250 words)
Every drop of rain water is like God’s blessing for the people on earth. Fresh rainwater falls on the ground like a pearl, so everyone should understand the importance of rainwater due to lack of natural water resources especially in developing areas and rural areas.
We should try to collect rain water without wasting the water running through the roofs and on the roads. We should bring our old traditional harvesting practices using new and effective techniques to supply easy water to all areas. The need for potable water of hundreds of thousands of people cannot be met only due to hand pumps, wells and other ground water level resources.
For many years, rainwater harvesting has been the most sustainable and effective way to provide water in water scarcity areas. Rainwater harvesting is capable of offering many benefits along with a very low cost method. It helps in various purposes like domestic works, field irrigation, livestock, agriculture and animal husbandry.
This directly and indirectly helps to rejuvenate the ground water level. Rainwater harvesting methods can be changed by rainwater harvesting methods of trenches, anicuts, dug wells, contour, etc., while other rainwater harvesting methods such as ground water tanks, ponds etc., ground water for at least four to six months. Help reduce the use of.
It is very effective in mountainous regions and desert areas of India and other countries. More and clean rainwater can be collected during the rainy season by creating large and clean water bodies.
Essay on rainwater harvesting, 300 words:
Now-a-days, people have been dependent on the government system of water supply to supply water for their every need. The current scenario of water management and distribution in cities has been centralized by the government which has brought a huge gap of community responsibility in water management. It has slowly but regularly eliminated the old traditional water harvesting system.
Rainwater harvesting is again a new but old and effective technology for rainwater harvesting during the rainy season for the purpose of future use. It is being used frequently in various places in India to overcome the problems of water scarcity.
Rainwater harvesting is a good source of groundwater recharge in a natural way. However, due to rapid urbanization and development of cities on a large scale as well as the reduction in the amount of rainwater, the groundwater level is decreasing day by day.
Rainwater harvesting is the way to reduce groundwater use as well as always maintain its level in the future. In the dry regions of India and other countries, it is more important to meet the demand of water for different purposes. The following points that prove the fact of harvesting rainwater are mentioned:
- It plays a great role in preventing groundwater degradation and improving the groundwater table.
- This helps in improving the water quality in aquifers.
- This is to conserve more water and prevent surface water runoff during the monsoon.
- It helps in reducing soil erosion.
- This is to bring the old tradition of water conservation among the people.
- Rainwater can be harvested better by using the following methods such as surface runoff harvesting and rainwater harvesting above the roof. two
- Both very effective methods help to increase the level of ground water and meet the requirement of water supply in an easy and cost effective manner.
Essay on rainwater harvesting, 350 words:
Rainwater harvesting is the accumulation, storage, conservation, and filtration of rainwater in the future of rainwater as drinking water or for many other uses. The stored rainwater has to be maintained regularly. The main objective of rainwater harvesting is to collect rainwater from a large surface above and then transport it to the storage tanks through the distribution system.
Benefits of rainwater harvesting:
Rainwater harvesting provides an independent supply of water during most water combinations, where clean water is expensive for people in rural areas, accumulated water will be a cheaper source of potable water and can be stored for a longer period of time. This practice is common by people in independent residences and buildings.
In developed countries, accumulated rainwater is a source of supply and also reduces the cost of domestic water consumption. In a fluctuating climate, a rainwater harvesting system is helpful in capturing rainwater when it rains. Most countries with unpredictable environment use rainwater harvesting because it is an economical and reliable source of salinity and salts-free clean water. This complements the water supply and prevents water wastage.
Rain water is used exclusively for irrigation facilities. Soil ridges are made to trap rain water and prevent slopes, providing enough water for crops to grow. In future, dams and ponds can be constructed for storing large amounts of water for irrigation of crops.
Rainwater harvesting reduces the effects of flooding. Due to rainwater harvesting, less water is directed towards the sewer system and it reduces storm water in fresh water bodies. It also prevents pollution of water bodies.
In many areas, underground water sources are slowly sieving. Construction of deep wells is costly and can harm the natural environment. Thus, this source of rainwater is reliable and effective. Rainwater can be used when the groundwater supply is depleted.
Rainwater harvesting has various benefits and uses. However, harvesting systems have to function and maintain water quality. Water also needs to be purified and filtered for use.
Essay on rainwater harvesting, Essay on rain water harvesting in hindi (400 words)
Rainwater harvesting is the collection and storage of rainwater in natural resources or artificially designed resources to prevent water runoff and meet future water scarcity. The amount of water harvesting is influenced by factors such as the frequency of rainfall, the amount of rainfall, how rainwater is collected, and the size of the resources to collect water.
The ground water level is falling day by day due to various reasons like deforestation and ecological imbalance. Demand for water supply increases, especially in urban areas, due to continuous increase in the level of urbanization and industrialization. This is leading to overuse of ground water and thus lower levels.
In the future the risk of water scarcity is increased to a great extent and not following some effective solutions can be life-threatening. Water harvesting is very helpful and caters to various needs such as recharging the ground water level, reducing the electricity bill in the water supply and providing the water supply anytime needed.
It is estimated that a 1 meter rise in the water level saves about 0.4 kWh of electricity.
Why rainwater harvesting is necessary:
Rainwater harvesting by people is very important in all areas. It is good to reduce the fear of water scarcity in the future. The following points prove the fact why rainwater harvesting is necessary:
- Surface water cannot meet the demand for water for various purposes.
- Everyone is dependent on ground water for their every need.
- Groundwater levels are steadily decreasing due to deforestation, rapid urbanization, rainwater infiltration to sub-soil, etc.
- Rainwater conservation maintains water levels in natural water resources.
- This reduces the chances of watering the roads, reduces the risk of soil erosion and improves water quality.
The following are the main techniques of rainwater harvesting:
- Collecting rainwater on the surface for future use.
- Recharge of ground water.
- Collecting rainwater on the surface is a very effective and traditional technique. This can be done using small ponds, underground tanks, dams, weeds etc.
- However, groundwater recharging techniques are a new concept of harvesting. This can be done using dug wells, pits, trenches, hand pumps, recharge wells, recharge shafts, recharging lateral shafts with borewells, dispersion techniques (means of diffusion of water to stream, sewer, etc.)