Essay on moral courage will explain the true meaning of this subject. Moral courage is simply defined as the right action of doing right in adverse condition.
- The life of man in this world is a continuous struggle. This struggle taxes the whole man-his body and mind. Just as physical strength and fitness are required for the physical side of this struggle, so menial strength and fitness are required – for the other side. The two must act together for a complete victory. This combination of mental strength and fitness is what we understand by moral courage.
- It is the backbone of character. There have been men of great genius whose lives are wrecked for want of this moral courage. (Cp, Byron, Rousseau.) It is the pivot on which life turns and when this is gone passions rage in their wild fury.
Here Are Some Tips,You Must Read In This Great Essay On Moral Courage.
- Moral courage depends upon three factors; A pure heart or a clear conscience which perceives the duties of life and the rightness and wrongness of our course. This perception is essentially necessary for good conduct.
- Secondly, a strong will to choose the right path. It is the moving power which liberates energy in the right direction. Merely to perceive what is right is not enough; the perception must be followed by an active will to do what is right. Right willing is as much necessary as right thinking.
- Thirdly, a sufficiently strong faith in one’s principles. This faith which enable him to rise above petty fears and pains, above loses and gains, above false scruples.
- Examples of moral courage in the student-life, in the life of grown up men, in great commanders and leaders of men.
- But moral courage is not obstinacy which is wanting in reason, whereas moral courage is based on a reasoned perception of what is right.
- Hence its value and importance in our everyday life.