In office administration activities, we will be very familiar with various documents and documentation activities. Documents become important and indeed are very often used in the office. Because, from this document, various office administration activities can run smoothly.
So, what is the meaning of the document in this case? And what kinds of documents are there that need to be recognized in this office activity? Following will be an explanation of matters related to documents.
The word document comes from English and Dutch, which is in the form of ” document “. Understanding documents according to the general dictionary in Indonesian, is something written or printed that can be used as evidence or information.
The number and type of documents that are commonly used are generally very large. Therefore, of course we need to make good arrangements for these documents so that the storage can be easier, as well as easier to find the documents if at any time needed.
Documents can also be interpreted as letters or valuables, which include records that can be used as evidence to support information to be more convincing.
For clarity, here are some definitions of documents that can be used as a reference.
a. Definition of Documents according to the Personnel Dictionary
Documents according to the Personnel Dictionary, are defined as, all written records, both printed and non-printed. And all objects that have selected information to be collected, compiled, provided, or distributed.
b. Definition of documents according to Webster’s English dictionary
Webster’s English dictionary defines a document as a matter that can prove with information or supplement information with facts. And documents complete the validity of information such as statements, statements, attachments such as to complete a book or thesis.
c. Understanding Documents according to general Encyclopedia
According to general encyclopedias, documents mean letters, deeds, certificates, official letters and written or printed recording materials that can provide information.
d. Definition of documents according to the Encyclopedia of administration
Understanding documents according to administrative encyclopedias is the original document used as a proof or as a tool to support a statement.
Also see: Example Job Application Letter
There are many types of documents. The types of documents can be distinguished based on several things, namely from the interests, functions and physical form. The following statement.
a. The type of document is based on its importance
Documents based on their interests, consisting of: personal documents, commercial documents, historical documents and government documents, namely:
- Personal documents, are documents concerning personal interests. Examples of personal documents: KTP, SIM and diploma
- Commercial documentis a document relating to commerce, in the form of letters – securities that can be used as means of payment. Examples of commercial documents: checks, bonds, packing lists, invoices, receipts, cover letters, bills of lading, stocks, and letters of credit.
- Historical documents, are documents relating to history, which can be important notes, and are used as a means of proving events that occurred in the past. Examples of historical documents: fossils, film footage of the struggle, autobiography, monument, and the text of the proclamation
- Government documents, are documents that contain information about state administration from a government, which is used as proof of the activities of a government. Examples of government documents: Presidential Decrees, Laws, Regional Regulations, Government Regulations, and cooperation agreements between States.
b. Type of document in terms of function
In terms of function, document types include dynamic documents and static documents.
- Dynamic documents, are documents that are used directly in the process of completing office work. Dynamic documents consist of three types, namely active, semi-active and inactive dynamic documents.
- Static documents, i.e. documents that are not directly used in the office work process.
c. The type of document is based on its physical form
Judging from its physical form, this type of document consists of literary documents, corporate documents, and private documents.
- Literary documents,are documents that exist because they were written, printed, drawn, or recorded, and collected in the library. Examples of literary documents are: books, magazines and films.
- Corporate documents,are documents in the form of historical objects. This document is usually collected inside the museum. Examples of corporate documents: statues, traditional clothing, statues, ancient money, keris.
- Private documents, are documents in the form of letters or archives . This document is stored using a filing system. Examples of private documents are: official letters, securities, commercial letters, proof of evidence and reports.